Why become a member? ×

Oh I wish it could be NYE every day ...

Happy Jack

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

I've got a NYE gig this year at the Cheese & Grain in Frome, with the ska band, supporting an Abba trib. Something tells me it's going to be a brilliant night. Can. Not. Wait. *jumps up and down like excited 5 year old*

Gotta love the Cheesy Groin as the locals call it. Great venue. It’ll be a blast. 

• Like 1

I'm doing NYE this year too having avoided it twice even before lockdown. It'll be 3x45 min sets in a local WMC but the money's not bad when only split 3 ways and minimal travel for me so I've agreed to do it. We are going to have to resurrect some real old crowd pleasing sh1te to make the sets up but needs must on nights like NYE.

• Like 2

I’ve got a gig on NYE at a seaside hotel. Playing with my guitarist mate and another friend on keys, backing a singer and doing some stuff on our own too. There’s a DJ on so will take the heat out of having to play too many sets which these sort of gigs can descend into! Money not amazing but am just glad to be out TBH, especially after last year being the first I didn’t gig in maybe 35 years! The hotel has a stage which prevents having to be too near the punters which helped my decision as well. Just wondering now if I’m going to fit into my dinner suit, it’s been a while.....🤵