Why become a member? ×

Advance G&L GAS - scheming

neepheid

22 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I gigged my G&L L-2000 last weekend. It's monstrous and so versatile (almost too versatile?) sound-wise. It was brilliant though and just a thoroughly lovely bass. E249DD88-28E0-4370-AE5A-9D9FC9A15F6B.thumb.jpeg.de21f7b60e4b2593f71ab64430a09ff4.jpeg

That control plate gave me cause for concern until I realised that it was the carpet reflecting!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Really hope this isn't a move away from the chunky bridge on the tribute series for cost saving reasons.

I am sure G&L will tell us that the new bridge is great as it reduces weight and/or is a modern take on a classic look etc. However, it was probably done to save costs. 

37 minutes ago, Owen said:

That control plate gave me cause for concern until I realised that it was the carpet reflecting!

As much as I love almost everything Leo did for bass players whilst at Fender, Musicman and G&L, I know I'd never stop fiddling with the controls on the 2000E. It's bad enough for me on my single pup USA MM Sterling.

20220416_103039.jpg.27826cf2e65f99e62a2ca1c751354dcc.jpg 

Edited by Sparky Mark

• 2 months later...