Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Eden E300T All Valve 300w Amp. £450. Based on Wirral but can deliver or meet up.
£450
Wirral

vinorange

Up For sale is my Eden E300T 300 watt all tube bass head in great condition.

Manual states 300 watts RMS but there is some debate as to whether its around 240 watts but who cares. These are valve big boy watts and 240 of them are perfectly capable of flapping your flares. Oh yeah and it sounds really nice too. I bought it because I had moved to passive basses and wanted a bit of controllable grit which this does nicely via the tube over drive control.

It has Gain, Over Drive Boost, Bass, Mid, Mid Shift, Treble and Volume controls and sounds great.

It weighs in at only 20kg so it's way lighter than many similar output tube heads. Size wise it's 56cm wide, 31cm deep and 25cm high.

Here's some info from the interweb;

320 watts RMS, 740 watts peak from six KT88 power tubes, 3 band EQ with mid shift switch between 550 hz and 2.2khz, foot-switchable true high gain overdrive selector, -10db pad, gain and master volumes round. Effects loop, XLR balanced out, tuner out, Speakon and 1/4" speaker outs, 4 or 8 ohm operation.

This also has rear mounted bias points meaning you don't have to pay a tech to bias when you change tubes. Six individual bias points means you don't also need to replace all six tubes, when only one dies. Just pop in a new one, and bias it in!

It sounds great but I also have a Laney Nexus all tube head (which I'd wanted for ages) so something has to give and unfortunately it's the Eden.

I think it was serviced around 18 months ago with the previous owner.

Based on the Wirral where it can be tested / trialled or I can drive within 50 miles or so to deliver or meet up.

Thanks for looking.

20211122_112325.jpg

20211122_112328.jpg

20211122_112331.jpg

20211122_112333.jpg

20211122_112400.jpg

20211122_112403.jpg

20211122_112406.jpg

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 6

• vinorange changed the title to Eden E300T All Valve 300w Amp. £450. Based on Wirral but can deliver or meet up.

Oh my.

Quick question, and I appreciate it's likely a daft one - can the Speakon output drive two cabs via a splitter? If it can, I presume driving two 8 ohm cabs via a splitter would still need the output set to 8 ohms?

Not tyre-kicking BTW - I'm very interested in this.

9 minutes ago, lozkerr said:

Oh my.

Quick question, and I appreciate it's likely a daft one - can the Speakon output drive two cabs via a splitter? If it can, I presume driving two 8 ohm cabs via a splitter would still need the output set to 8 ohms?

Not tyre-kicking BTW - I'm very interested in this.

So far as I know, if you have two 8 ohm cabs they should be daisy chained together. Most cabs have a provision to daisy chain in parallel and when done (in parallel which is important) that presents 4 ohms to the head.

So two 8 ohm cabs daisy chained together (speakon from one cab to another) would have a combined impedance of 4 ohms and then the amp would be happy (when set at 4 ohms).

It would also be happy if you ran one 8 ohm cab and set it at 8 ohms.

That may be a garbled answer............

• vinorange changed the title to Pending. Eden E300T All Valve 300w Amp. £450. Based on Wirral but can deliver or meet up.
  • vinorange changed the title to SOLD. Eden E300T All Valve 300w Amp. £450. Based on Wirral but can deliver or meet up.
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic