Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman
£1500
Sunderland

zitherman

• 3 weeks later...

I was the original owner of this. As far as I know its unique in the UK as there wasnt  the cream covering as an option. I persuaded Zilla to strip and recover and make  new speaker grills.They did a job better than the factory and it wasnt cheap..

I loved the sound and really regret selling it. I have seriously thought about buying it back but I have to be realistic about what a pensioner can cary

Zitherman is a great guy to deal with and this is a stunning amp.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im surprised at the difficulty im having in selling this rig.Maybe its a sign of the times that bass players are becoming redundant and those that remain dont want to carry anything heavier than a bag of sugar.Unwanted retirement forces this sale so a final reduction to £1300.

• Sad 1

On 13/01/2022 at 09:42, zitherman said:

Im surprised at the difficulty im having in selling this rig.Maybe its a sign of the times that bass players are becoming redundant and those that remain dont want to carry anything heavier than a bag of sugar.Unwanted retirement forces this sale so a final reduction to £1300.

I'd love to buy this but my bands guitarists have all gone ampless and I've followed suit. I guess it is the times with FRFR and class D. :( GLWTS

On 13/01/2022 at 09:42, zitherman said:

If you’re willing to find a way to ship it, I think that’s a very fair price! 

It was originally owned by bumnote who is on basschat.it has a set of jj valves fitted and the originals are included.im the second owner and have had it about 3 years.in that time its left my house twice,both to rehearsal studios.very little home use either.If i could find a band there would be no way this would be up for sale.after 3 years of looking im giving up.

This is a great amp pair, I loved it.

It was in mint condion when I regretfully sold it and I would bet its in the same or similar condition . Zitherman looks after his gear.

It was a dream of mine, to get that sort of spec and colour, and it was arguably the best amp I had in nearly 60 years of playing.

I had the recovering done not because anything was wrong with it but because I had always wanted that combination, which wasnt available in europe so its rare as .

It cost me nearly £400 to have it recovered without the spare grill cover.

I replaced the stockvalves after talking to Watford valves with what they suggested were the best valves for that amp and they were not cheap. The originals are included

I had Hot Covers made for both amp and cab,

I even replaved the crappy plastic Fender handle with a hand stiched leather one.

You would be hard pressed to find another amp to that speck and its never been ragged.

Its an absoluyte steal at that price.

• Like 1