Why become a member? ×

Reduced : £800 : For Sale : Washburn / Status S1000 - *SOLD*
£995
Dursley

nationofzeros

For sale : 1990 Washburn / Status S1000, red / black with custom case. I would say this bass is in excellent condition overall ; there are a couple of minor pocks on the back that I have tried to photograph.

These basses were built by Washburn under a partnership with Status-Graphite UK. Status hardware and electronics were incorporated and the same layered construction was used, but without the incorporation of the carbon graphite. Instead Washburn used a composite material for the fretboard.  Pickups and active Electronics were sourced from Status-Graphite UK,  and are identical to those use on stock basses at that time. At the time, they were promoted by a certain Mr Mark King amongst others.

Everything works including the truss rod, which in combination with the lockable bridge saddles, allows a nice super - low action to be set. The Status hardware is clever, rock solid and well engineered - well done Status !

As you would expect, it has all the slap / pop stuff off to a tee, but what really surprised me about this bass is the richness & detail from the pickups, in particular the front pickup is deep and beautifully clear - so not just a one-trick pony. Although as far as I understand it, the active tone control is a treble boost, this complements the pickups very nicely. Finally on full volume, it is the loudest bass I have owned. 

The bass comes with a robust, correct size custom quality hard case and recent new strings.

Shipping at buyers cost or pickup from South Gloucestershire.

IMG_4173.JPG

IMG_4174.JPG

IMG_4175.JPG

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

IMG_4180.JPG

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

Edited by nationofzeros
Sold !
  • Like 14

• nationofzeros changed the title to Reduced : £900 : For Sale : Washburn / Status S1000
  • 2 months later...

If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Posts that ridicule or undermine the seller, or comment on much you think it's worth, or where it  can be obtained elsewhere for less, have been and will be removed.

As a side issue... if you see something like this happening, don't just make a comment along the lines of "why aren't the mods doing something about this/I got done for this/it's not fair"... report it. Then maybe we will stand a fighting chance of doing something about it. We aren't psychic, if we don't know it's happening we can't address it!

Thank you.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• nationofzeros changed the title to SOLD : Washburn / Status S1000