Why become a member? ×

Kala u-bass (now £150 collected) - *SOLD*
£210

Larry_M

Here's a very nice Kala u-bass in great condition. 

The model is FS and I think it's from about 2010-2012.  It matches what it is says in this review: "Note that the pickup system is completely passive: There’s no preamp, no volume control, no EQ knobs, not even a passive tone—just plug a cord into the endpin jack, fire up the amp, and you’re off."

I've had it a couple of years. I bought it with the intention of replacing my battered old countryman uke.  it's great but I've barely played it. I have a sentimental attachment to the battered old one so I may as well move this on.

Comes with spare strings and a strap.

Price includes postage to UK mainland.  I won't send it outside the UK.  Not interested in trades.  If you want to collect I'm in south London (Brixton-ish) or can meet Brixton or central London.

11 May:  Still £210 posted but £180 if you can meet / collect.

21 May:  Well, silly price drop.  Won't post it at all now - had to use the box for something else. But it's £150 if you can collect it from Brixton-ish or central London.  If it doesn't sell here then it goes on to ebay.

Kala 1.jpg

Kala label.jpg

Kala strings.jpg

Kala back.jpg

Kala end.jpg

Kala side.jpg

Kala case 1.jpg

Kala case 2.jpg

Edited by Larry_M
Sold
  • Like 6

Thanks.  I haven't played this one enough to say whether strings get sticky or not.

Whatever strings I've got on my old one get sticky.  I solve it by rubbing talc on strings and fingers, which also sits well with me as I'm too cheap to bother with a new set.  But then when beer is consumed there is talc all over the shop ....  that might be a reason my old uke is a bit battered. 

• 3 months later...
  • Larry_M changed the title to Kala u-bass (now £180 collected)
  • Larry_M changed the title to Kala u-bass (now £150 collected)

Silly price drop now to £150 collected.  I've gotta get "sell the uke bass" off my to-do list but I'm not yet crazy so £150 is absolute lowest price.  Goes to ebay if it doesn't sell here.

Thanks and agree with all those replies - this thing should sell so easily  at a bargain price and everybody should have one. Maybe two is unnecessary (which is why I’m selling it) but definitely one. And rail fares are silly prices. 

I’ve got someone teed up to meet tomorrow morning and hopefully that will all go to plan.  If not then I’ll be bumping this up again …

• Larry_M changed the title to SOLD Kala u-bass (now £150 collected)