Why become a member? ×

Westfield 'Thunderbird' - 2nd PRICE DROP £80 - *SOLD*
£90
Bristol-ish

Rich

Westfield 'Thunderbird'-style bass guitar. NOW £80.

Originally fitted with chrome hardware, but I have replaced this with black.... bridge, tuners, jack plate, toggle switch and knobs. Looks loads better IMHO. When I bought it the electrics were in a right old state, so I have completely overhauled them -- the jack socket has been moved to the body edge and the controls are now V/V/T with pickup selector toggle switch.

The kitchen scales show its weight as 9lb 7.5oz.

The body has its share of dings and dents but they are all very minor. The front of the body is flawless. It didn't have a truss rod cover fitted when I bought it, but I will try to find one that fits. The strap buttons are currently Schaller straplock type, but these will be replaced with ordinary buttons.

EDIT: in the pics there's a couple of screws missing from the pickguard. These have be replaced.

It sounds great and plays well, has the usual T-bird neck dive of course. It's been fun and scratched my T-bird itch, but ultimately it's surplus to requirements, last in first out etc -- the important thing is that it's leaving in a much, much better state than it arrived. I'd have liked to get back what it owes me, but at this price I'm not even getting that :(

As it's a bolt-on neck, it would make the ideal basis for an Ox-style Fenderbird... I'm half tempted to do it myself, but I still probably wouldn't use it. And anyway, it plays just fine as it is, there's nowt wrong with the current neck.

Collection is welcome from my home near Bristol, the kettle will be on. Alternatively I am happy to meet up within a reasonable radius (e.g. Chippenham). Cash only in either case. Straight sale only, not looking for trades unless you want to swap it for a Wal 5 string :lol:

Sorry, but I will not courier it under any circumstances. I don't have the packaging materials and there are too many horror stories at the moment.

20211119_131235.jpg

20211119_131240.jpg

20211119_131318.jpg

20211119_131301.jpg

20211119_131247.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Like 6

• Rich changed the title to Westfield 'Thunderbird' PRICE DROP £85
  • 1 month later...
On 07/01/2022 at 16:11, sprocketflup said:

Where did you source that black toggle switch if you dont mind me asking? 

Good old fleaBay. :) You can have this one for 80 quid. Comes with a free bass. :lol: 

Edited by Rich
  • Haha 4

• Rich changed the title to Westfield 'Thunderbird' - 2nd PRICE DROP £80
  • Rich changed the title to *SOLD* -- Westfield 'Thunderbird' - 2nd PRICE DROP £80