Why become a member? ×

Super cheap pedals you love

Twunkbass

Hey guys,  I've been getting more into pedals recently as I've been developing my interest in electronics. And I got a few of the new cheap tc electronic pedals for like 25 quid each, and I'm super impressed with them. 

Have you guys found any super budget pedals that you find work as well as their expensive counterparts? 

Currently eying up the harley benton graphic eq 

23 minutes ago, Twunkbass said:

Currently eying up the harley benton graphic eq 

Never tried the Harley Benton EQ but I would vouch for the Caline CP-24 , very handy range of frequency bands.

https://spartanmusic.co.uk/products/caline-cp-24-10-band-eq

I like this drive pedal of theirs too.

https://spartanmusic.co.uk/products/caline-cp-20-crazy-cacti

Another vote for the Caline Orange Burst recommended by @Japhet

Also no cheap pedal thread should be without the Behringer BDI12 , it's just a great bit of kit to have. Price is the icing on the cake 🙂

There were some good cheap pedals branded Daphon, the Chord branded ones around now look the same. Their bass compressor was really good as a basic unit, had one around 2008. I think I paid £15 for it, full metal casing, good amount of squeeze on the sound of you dialled it up.

I like the Caline pedal power bank thingies too, had a couple which have never let me down. Also Harley Benton do their own flat angle cables for connecting pedals that cost peanuts and just do the job. Donner do a good rip off of the pedal train too, fraction of the cost, maybe the bag is a bit cheaper, but it's decent.

Joyo Orange Juice has been a fav of mine. And the American Sound, although I've modified mine into more of an SVT/Tech21 VT-bass type which also sounds good.

Chord OC-50 is a decent octaver with a synth/drive option which is nice.

• Like 3

Couple of others by Kokko. The Space is a single knob reverb and the SOS is a looper (pretty much identical to the Ditto by TC but a fraction of the price). If you really want cheap pedals though, I'd go for a second hand Zoom B3 where the pedals available on that work out at something like 30p each.

21 hours ago, BassAgent said:

I have two cheapos which I love: an Aria digital reverb from the 80's and a Pearl CH-02 chorus, also from the eighties, which are absolutely terrific.

those Pearl pedals now fetch a good price.

https://reverb.com/uk/p/pearl-ch-02

Edited by skidder652003

21 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Joyo Orange Juice has been a fav of mine.

Absolutely a +1 from me ... not just a tiny, tiny thing, but also very cool and remarkably effective pedal.

Best of all, when your guitarist's pedal board fails or blows up you can rescue him on the spot. 🙄

• Like 1

Donnar have been advertising heavily on facebook. They have a buy 2, get one free offer at the moment they are pushing. I have a donnar ABY switch, which works fine (although I can't think of any way an ABY switch could not work), and their effects are cheap. I was getting fairly tempted and even considering getting the effects to replace my line6 effects to see if I could have a smaller board.