Why become a member? ×

SOLD Precision Bass Body - Burgundy Mist Metallic Relic
£285
Glasgow

Guitarbuild UK Precision Bass body in light relic Burgundy Mist metallic.

I bought this back in the summer with the intention of putting together a build but the neck I was going to use was shot, and I haven't found a decent alternative and now I'm losing interest in the whole idea if I'm honest; I already have a Matt Freeman P Bass that I barely use since I got my JV Precision, so I don't know how much more money I want to chuck at something that I probably won't use very often.

I bought this from the guy who runs rexterguitars.co.uk; it was Mr Rexter's own P Bass body that was used for home recording. It's an alder guitarbuild body that has been finished in a non-platicised burgundy mist metallic nitro, with a light relic job. It comes loaded with a Tonerider pickup, CTS pots, Switchcraft jack, cloth wire, and a vintage cap. It has a white pickguard that it came with, but I can also chuck in a genuine Fender mint green and a brown tort pickguard (sold to me as celluloid but I'm sceptical), and the bridge has been swapped for an Allparts one. There's also a tug bar about somewhere too. Two of the bridge screws were actually scratchplate screws (positions 2 & 4) so will need drilling to fit the proper screws. Weight is a hair under 2.8kg.

Looking to get back what I paid, which was £285 (not including the additional pickguards and replacement bridge), plus shipping (about £15). Any questions, just give me a shout.

20211022_115656.thumb.jpg.6e335aa2e48932d3f4baf019e36e487e.jpg20211022_115745.thumb.jpg.c337b0171477d11cb88b93a2b2541677.jpg20211022_115753.thumb.jpg.c8810e5e179ed9eb81a5a8d0c1177334.jpg20211022_115944.thumb.jpg.70b8f5668bf9576f0299773afb342007.jpg

Here's a mockup of what it would look like with a rosewood neck:

20211022_115358.thumb.jpg.d265ae534443217305e383931eb3ec89.jpg

And here's it with a Maple neck:

20211118_001518.thumb.jpg.2c7ba68a7369a910acb334ce86362adf.jpg

Edited by Jono Bolton
  • Like 3

Here's the description from the ebay listing from when I bought it:

"P Bass Loaded Alder Body Relic Burgundy Mist Nitro Lacquer USA Spec Precision.

Great American alder body - made by Guitarbuild in the UK. Not a Fender body but fits Fender parts.

Full nitrocellulose aged burgundy mist finish was sprayed around four years ago and has a combination of natural wear and checking and light relic work. Alongside the checking that runs across the body, in the right ought you can see natural lacquer checking running along the grain direction of the body too.

Comes as pictured with a wide bevel vintage style parchment pickguard, CTS pots and switchcraft jack and cloth wire, vintage capacitor. Nice vintage style thumb rest too.

"P Bass Loaded Alder Body Relic Burgundy Mist Nitro Lacquer USA Spec Precision.

Great American alder body - made by Guitarbuild in the UK. Not a Fender body but fits Fender parts.

Full nitrocellulose aged burgundy mist finish was sprayed around four years ago and has a combination of natural wear and checking and light relic work. Alongside the checking that runs across the body, in the right ought you can see natural lacquer checking running along the grain direction of the body too.

Comes as pictured with a wide bevel vintage style parchment pickguard, CTS pots and switchcraft jack and cloth wire, vintage capacitor. Nice vintage style thumb rest too.

The pickup is a Tonerider vintage wind P Bass pickup.

This has been my personal bass and used for home recording, hence it’s not being sold as a Rexter Guitars retail item. Sounds really great.

The finish looks fantastic and will keep on ageing - it’s non plasticised nitrocellulose lacquer over a vintage correct burgundy mist."

The neck pocket is to fit Mexican/ Squier/ USA spec. I had a Squier affinity rosewood neck on it which fitted perfectly.

The pickup is a Tonerider vintage wind P Bass pickup.

This has been my personal bass and used for home recording, hence it’s not being sold as a Rexter Guitars retail item. Sounds really great.

The finish looks fantastic and will keep on ageing - it’s non plasticised nitrocellulose lacquer over a vintage correct burgundy mist.

The neck pocket is to fit Mexican/ Squier/ USA spec. I had a Squier affinity rosewood neck on it which fitted perfectly."

• Jono Bolton changed the title to SOLD Precision Bass Body - Burgundy Mist Metallic Relic
  • Rich locked this topic