Why become a member? ×

Fender Bass V 1965 Candy Apple Red Matching Headstock. Offers considered. - *SOLD*
£4500

WishIcouldplay

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"What does it weigh?" must be the most-asked question in the basses-for-sale thread - and surely the least relevant in terms of the asker actually buying the instrument, especially this one! 

At this price it's a collector's item, not a gigger. It was a commercial failure when introduced - short neck, weird fret spacing and who wanted a C-string anyway? The weight here is irrelevant unless you're worried that it'll pull the exhibition guitar-hanger off your dot-n-dab wall... 

Or maybe it's just a way of bumping up the OP's original post?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Gasman said:

The weight here is irrelevant unless you're worried that it'll pull the exhibition guitar-hanger off your dot-n-dab wall... 

Thank you for your input. You've made a valuable contribution. Thank God there are people like you around to prevent people asking pointless and irrelevant questions.

So ... what's your day job? 🙄

• Haha 12

Posted 49 minutes ago

"What does it weigh?" must be the most-asked question in the basses-for-sale thread - and surely the least relevant in terms of the asker actually buying the instrument, especially this one! 

Personally I feel it is a very relevant question, especially after making the mistake of buying an ash bodied 70s Fender about 15 years ago without asking the weight.  It was over 5kgs and for me, too uncomfortable to play even sitting down. Sold it quite quickly.

As for this bass V, very rare and great to see one in such good condition. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2022 at 17:09, Happy Jack said:

Thank you for your input. You've made a valuable contribution. Thank God there are people like you around to prevent people asking pointless and irrelevant questions.

So ... what's your day job? 🙄

Sorry to have spoiled your day. I hope a buyer comes along for this bass, but I think you'd have to agree that it's not likely to be gigged due to its rarity, price and weirdness. My day job? Telling it like it is, and detecting pointless sarcasm at 150 miles. What's yours?

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2022 at 06:21, SurroundedByManatees said:

My guess is that a potential buyer decides if will be functioning as a collectors item or a player. Or both. So if someone wants to play it, weight and balance can be important. Though I'd be surprised if this bass weighed more than 3.8kg.

Andy Baxter sold a refinished 1966 V that weighed 4.5kgs.  I wonder what this one actually weighs.........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • WishIcouldplay changed the title to *SOLD*Fender Bass V 1965 Candy Apple Red Matching Headstock. Offers considered.