Why become a member? ×

Bass instrument cable straight into amp

Thunderbird

8 hours ago, 2020Jazz said:

When I came to jolly old England in the early 80s, the girl I came to see lived in Coundon Bishop Auckland up north. Their family home was built in 1724 and had 3 ft thick stone walls. Coal/peat fireplaces in every room.

Luxury 😂

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Haha 1

On 21/11/2021 at 22:55, greavesbass said:

Ha, I used to shout at the keys player to give me the note nearest his ciggie hand, still do...Tuners? Never used one for bass or acoustic for that matter.....and if there isnt a keys player then just get the other geetar player to twang a string. Simples.

Yeah but then you're the band who makes the whole audience listen to you tune. That will be fine in some situations and not in others.

Edited by Jack
  • Haha 1

On 15/11/2021 at 22:18, neepheid said:

Not I, I like my overdrive.  Only took me 2 pedals to find one I liked so I think I got off pretty lightly.  I'm going to run away now - I don't want to get sucked into a echo/delay/flanger/chorus whirlpool!

When I owned a Fender Rumble amp I always found the tone a bit Meh and the EQ section a bit strange (10khz for treble, really??!!) but its saving grace other than its light weight was the built in overdrive, when I was gigging I rarely had a completely clean sound I always had a bit of overdrive going on and im not really a pedals kind of person so being able to get that from the amp was great

5 minutes ago, shoulderpet said:

When I owned a Fender Rumble amp I always found the tone a bit Meh and the EQ section a bit strange (10khz for treble, really??!!) but its saving grace other than its light weight was the built in overdrive, when I was gigging I rarely had a completely clean sound I always had a bit of overdrive going on and im not really a pedals kind of person so being able to get that from the amp was great

I use the passive input on my Mesa Mpulse and that brings the sound to life witha little overdriven tone whereas the active circuit drops the gain and gives a far more smoother bass tone no matter whether passive or active bass it still has the same effect. I tend to keep my active bass volume down a bit to match any passive bass i might use on the night.

Dave

We were doing an arts festival where I was cooking at a booth and going straight to the stage. The promoter was also a bass player and worked for me as as a cook. He had been booking our band locally for years and always felt it needed mentioning I played more with my feet than my hands. (the 80's - no pedalboard just boxes wired w/ patchcords). Got to the stage - baking Sun 95 degrees fahrenheit - nothing. We had to play our set, plugged straight into amp and shook the place. Dancing In The Streets. Not a dry bone in the crowd. Promoter never gave a disparaging remark ever again. And raved about our performance and professionalism.