Why become a member? ×

Bass instrument cable straight into amp

Thunderbird

20 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

After a few comments here , out of interest I tried seeing if there’s any difference in the sound using a tuner between my bass and amp, and there’s none 🙂 

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you that you're wrong. :(

Edited by neepheid
Got my threads mixed up. Sentiment stands though
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I am doing a practice I often dont' bother to take the pedalboard, because the sound isn't so important. Plus the ABM600 has EQ / overdrive / octave / Compressor, not that I use the last two in any meaningful way.

Live I am in a cover band so yes, pedalboard, overdrive, chorus, octave (up), echo, sample playback and synth. Though not at the same time!

5 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

My tuner has a definite sound change when i put it in line to the amp. It mutes the sound when tuning :tatice_03:

Sorry just couldn't resist the obvious plus its almost :santa2: time so i'm happy.

Dave

But does it mute the sound differently to, say, turning the volume off on your amp or bass?

I find the point in the signal chain at which the sound is muted has a massive effect on the type of silence produced.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, RhysP said:

But does it mute the sound differently to, say, turning the volume off on your amp or bass?

I find the point in the signal chain at which the sound is muted has a massive effect on the type of silence produced.

I hadn't thought about it until now. I need to experiment at tonights gig. I want absolute silence when i tune so if there is a better way to get the perfect silence when tuning i'm all in for trying. 😂

Dave 

• Haha 2