Why become a member? ×

Not the tallest.

lee4

think this is the wrong section mate :)

anyhoo I am 5'8''/9'' ish

Look for something smallish body (ie not fender) I like Peavey. Shorter scale may also help though I play 34" and 35". Adjust strap/ posture, the positioning could bet he problem rather than the bass. I found raising the bass quite high helped (so when i stood it was the same as sitting)

hope this helps, you need to specify the discomfort really

[quote name='d-basser' post='47955' date='Aug 20 2007, 03:58 PM']think this is the wrong section mate :)

anyhoo I am 5'8''/9'' ish

Look for something smallish body (ie not fender) I like Peavey. Shorter scale may also help though I play 34" and 35". Adjust strap/ posture, the positioning could bet he problem rather than the bass. I found raising the bass quite high helped (so when i stood it was the same as sitting)

hope this helps, you need to specify the discomfort really[/quote]I'm 6 foot 250 pounds and I prefer a 30" scale. Both Fender and Gibson make some with 30 inch scale boards.

[quote name='lee4' post='47932' date='Aug 20 2007, 08:35 PM']As I am only 5'7" tall,I have trouble finding a really comfy bass to play.
Surely I ca'nt be the only player with this problem?
Anyone else out there suffering from an in-built height restriction?[/quote]

I'm 5'6 or 5'7 - Most basses feel fine to me. The small hands can be an issue.

I'm 5ft 14in :huh: and have abnormally long arms, so 36" scale is no prob.

Seriously, it can depend on the bass shape. I had a warwick thumb 5 and with such a short top horn it had bad neck dive and I felt like I was stretching all the time. Its probably the worst bass ever made IMO.
Conversly, the basses in my avatar have 24 frets, and a long horn (ooh er), plus being headless gives superb balance. These are 35in scale, and probably the best basses ever made :)

[quote name='lee4' post='47932' date='Aug 20 2007, 08:35 PM']As I am only 5'7" tall,I have trouble finding a really comfy bass to play.
Surely I ca'nt be the only player with this problem?
Anyone else out there suffering from an in-built height restriction?[/quote]

Check out my Jackson 'Kip Winger' bass on the 'For Sale' section. Small, lightweight and powerful.....

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4281"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4281[/url]

Edited by cetera