Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM owners club

Guest BassAdder27

I have a 1x15  ABM combo with a 1999 serial number, but I've only owned it since last Saturday! I'm not sure how old my 2x10 ABM combo is, it is currently facing the wrong way to check and has another cab stacked on it. I'll check it out later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, barkin said:

I used to have a Klystron 250 (or maybe 200?). I believe the Klystron's were forerunners to the ABM series?

I have one of those as well. 200W. It's in need of some serious servicing but the cost of shipping and that fact that I don't really use means it's a bit of a dust gatherer now.

Having recently obtained a nice second hand ABM210H cab I’ve just ordered a second ABM210H cab to stack on top to make a two cab rig 

PMT were very helpful and did a good deal .. will also give me more cab height too ! 

7734BC07-29DD-49D9-A42C-C10588F05EC1.thumb.jpeg.f7120acdb839a3bd812654cdbbcc3d83.jpeg

Edited by BassAdder27

1 minute ago, BassAdder27 said:

Having recently obtained a nice second hand ABM210H cab I’ve just ordered a second ABM210H cab to stack on top to make a two cab rig 

PMT were very helpful and did a good deal .. will also give me more cab height too ! 

is that your gigging rig, or are you sticking with the ampeg 212?

2 minutes ago, alexa3020 said:

is that your gigging rig, or are you sticking with the ampeg 212?

Will use the Ampeg 212 on certain gigs and rehearsals and the two Ashdown cabs on gigs and larger venues … what a dilemma choosing this or a 115H cab 

I like the 115H cab but I’m working on the 210 sounds nice, two of them will sound nicer !! 

On 27/04/2022 at 17:41, alexa3020 said:

Everyone says you should double up with the same cab, so it’s probably the right move.

I’m happy to mix and match though

Decided to sell the SVT212AV cab as I haven’t got room for three bass cabs !

On 27/04/2022 at 17:04, BassAdder27 said:

7734BC07-29DD-49D9-A42C-C10588F05EC1.thumb.jpeg.f7120acdb839a3bd812654cdbbcc3d83.jpeg

Good call methinks. I’m sadly too creamcrackered to carry these cabs about anymore but for me the EVO-IV range of cabs are just amazing.

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Good call methinks. I’m sadly too creamcrackered to carry these cabs about anymore but for me the EVO-IV range of cabs are just amazing.

They make a really nice rig, due to space I’ve decided to sell my lovely Ampeg Cab 

1 hour ago, alexa3020 said:

You prefer the sound of 2x210 Ashdowns over the ampeg then? 

No I like both as they work really well with my ABM600

Tough choice but after obtaining locally a secondhand 210H it was a plan to add a second cab matching cab as an all Ashdown rig 

As I can’t mix the Ashdown cabs with the Ampeg ( it’s 4ohms ) I’ve decided to let it go and sell it as it would take up space

Shame I never got these two cabs last year when I started off looking at Ashdown and originally had the smaller Pro Neo cabs 

19 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Just a thought. Would an ABM in a slightly narrower format be worthwhile? My cab is about 40cm wide and the overhang is an issue. The width was originally decided by the width of 19" racks but realistically very few us 19" racks now.

The Pro Neo cabs are narrower in width and sound good, not as full and punchy as the non Neo larger cabs