Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM owners club

Guest BassAdder27

16 hours ago, ern500evo said:

What sort of price are used ABM600’s fetching at the moment. One has come up for sale, but the guy wants me to make him an offer for it. It’s reasonably clean, the tolex on the case has a few scratches and battle scars. I don’t really know what’s an acceptable offer 

I looked a LOT before buying a new one from Belgium. Loads are listed around £500 but there are a good few about and they don't seem to shift, so you should be looking at something closer to £400 in my view.

Yeh, that is far too much. It can be a problem when you want to sell something and you base it on what you paid for it originally, but that is irrelevant to what someone else can get one from now.

Plenty around under that price.  You can even get them from reverb for £100 less then that, and if something is cheaper on reverb you know you are asking too much.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

There’s one in Liverpool on Ebay at £450 or best offer @ern500evo

I did see that one, it’s a bit of a trek from the south west though. There is one on Reverb which is in London, that might be easier. I’m gonna bring my EBS home after rehearsal this week, take some pics and put up an ad. Will have a good look at what’s around later in the week 

If you would sacrifice 25W and a few features, my rackmount UK made ABM 500 in Gator bag will be up FS shortly (in London) at half that price. Nowt wrong with it, it was a a stopover until my all-valve Hand Box WB-100 was ready (will be in next 1-2 weeks)

13 hours ago, Clarky said:

If you would sacrifice 25W and a few features, my rackmount UK made ABM 500 in Gator bag will be up FS shortly (in London) at half that price. Nowt wrong with it, it was a a stopover until my all-valve Hand Box WB-100 was ready (will be in next 1-2 weeks)

Thanks for the offer Clarky. I already own an ABM500 though. I’ve had it for years, I kept it as a back up while I went through my Class D phase. I’m just curious to try a 600 as the general consensus seems to be that it’s a big improvement over the previous incarnations 

• Like 1

I've gotten back into ABM's of late and my current favourite versions are the EVOII models. These are generally well built in my experience whether UK built or PRC built models. There are some nice quality features like metal DI sockets which disappeared on later evoIII and beyond models. They are also fairly inexpensive if you can find a decent one. I picked up a non working( faulty TD0531 transformer issue) ABM500 EVOII big chassis model for £45 recently. The good folks at Ashdown supplied a replacement transformer (one of their new Euro build XTE1 types) to get it working and it has been gigged successfully since and sounds huge and works perfectly. There doesn't seem to be much love for the big chassis models, probably because of their weight but they do sit nice on a bigger cab like a 4x10 or similar. The big chassis models also seem quieter to me than comparable normal chassis ABM's. All in, a near mint and now fully operational EVOII 500 for a whisker over £100 seems ludicrous for the performance an ABM provides. 🙂

IMG_0831.thumb.jpeg.dcdd3b7622108b7c7c417b592235bd45.jpeg

• Like 2

Add me to the club please. Just picked up an immaculate 500 EVOii along with a Schroeder 2x12 cab from this forum. Sounds fab at low volume, I’ll use it in anger at rehearsal later this month before gigging it in anger at The Colne Rock n Blues!

• Like 1

That’s a bargain, as is the ABM900 posted above! I went and picked up all my gear from our rehearsal space yesterday, so will be spending today A/B’ing my original ABM500Evo RC and my EBS TD650. Going to try out various combinations of basses(Warwick SS1, Yamaha Attitude Ltd and Sire V7) and drive pedals (Darkglass X ultra, EBS Sheehan, Ashdown Lomenzo) all through my Barefaced Big Twin 2, and see what amp/pedal combo I like best. Think I better take a bottle of wine around to the neighbour and tell her to strap herself in, she’s in for a rough day! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems very odd that they’ve launched a premium product, yet there’s not any real advertising/marketing/demos for it. Also seems that the only place it’s listed is on the Ashdown website, so is it actually ready to buy? I would’ve thought that if it was available to buy, the big suppliers like PMT and Andertons would be listing them on their sites 

1 hour ago, spyder said:

I've got a reply from Dave at Ashdown.

The new Evo V is currently hand built to order.

That’s interesting. Did he say if it was going to remain that way, or are they just assessing demands before they commit to larger scale production? 

So last night I simplified everything. Swapped out the EBS TD650 for the old ABM, didn’t use the Darkglass or EBS pedals. Just took this rig, a Ashdown Lomenzo hyperdrive amd my Sire V7 active jazz. The result was just brilliant! I’m so pleased it sounded so good, but also slightly kicking myself that I’ve owned all 4 of these things for years, and it dawned on me last night that it was the first time I’d ever used them all together. I’m now buzzing about getting my Yamaha Attitude Ltd 2 back from the shop on Monday with its new DiMarzio Relentless pickup installed! 

40265D71-5BE0-469B-8F8F-74DC35E6F518.jpeg

• Like 4

Sometimes simplicity is the key. I far prefer my sound with just bass & my ABM600, sadly most gigs I do are provided gear and whilst I could take my amp it’s easier with the Sansamp. Especially for a 30min gig.

• Like 2