Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM owners club

Guest BassAdder27

10 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Those ABM combos have a reassuringly good sound to them, congrats Dave.

Thanks, Lozz - it's the first time my wife has stopped what she was doing upstairs and come down to tell how good it sounded. It's a reassuringly heavy old beast (the combo, not the wife!), but it sounds like it feels - very solid.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

Any one gigging just a 210 Ashdown cab ? 

It's unlikely. Most people will use an amp as well!

Not gigged my combo yet, but did take to rehearsal yesterday and the sound was even praised by a guitarist. I told them that the sound came at a price - willing helpers to get the beast up and down the stairs at the rehearsal room.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

Any one gigging just a 210 Ashdown cab ? 

I’ve got one, only practiced with it so far, but sounds good and keeps up with the drummer. I think I’ll stick with my 2 x 15 compact cabs. Way lighter and I like 15s 

53 minutes ago, alexa3020 said:

I’ve got one, only practiced with it so far, but sounds good and keeps up with the drummer. I think I’ll stick with my 2 x 15 compact cabs. Way lighter and I like 15s 

Is it the current model ( front ported ) 

I popped into Ashdown yesterday to buy a CTM 100  & they repaired my ABM1000 & serviced my LB550  while I waited. They gave me a tour & I can't believe how much time Mark , Dan & the team gave me .They even tried to fix the clutch on my Van .lol.   I love this company for loads of reasons , They take great pride in what they do & over the years they actually listen to the customer & act upon it . I think what ever make you use now you should A/B it against an Ashdoown .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin Dean said:

I popped into Ashdown yesterday to buy a CTM 100  & they repaired my ABM1000 & serviced my LB550  while I waited. They gave me a tour & I can't believe how much time Mark , Dan & the team gave me .They even tried to fix the clutch on my Van .lol.   I love this company for loads of reasons , They take great pride in what they do & over the years they actually listen to the customer & act upon it . I think what ever make you use now you should A/B it against an Ashdoown .

I agree they are a fantastic bunch.

I really like my ABM600 amp 

On 13/04/2022 at 23:15, Kevin Dean said:

Was that the B stock CTM?

I bought the CTM-300 a few years ago and it is my favourite amplifier 

• Like 1

I have been so impressed by the ABM 500 2x10 combo I bought from a Basschatter a couple of weeks that I have today bought an ABM 500 1x15 combo also from another Basschatter. 

The combos aren't the lightest gear around, but they are very rugged and sound superb. The 1x15 will probably live at our rehearsal room (in a private house) so I can enjoy using it with a band without having to carry it about.

Both deals have been very straightforward, and meeting other bass players in the process just added to the pleasure.

• Like 1

The older ABM’s are such bargains. I listed my 500evo RC on here for something like £125, and didn’t get a single enquiry. After a few days I thought “what am I doing, if it’s only gonna fetch £100 I may as well keep it as a spare!” I had a MAG810, it was only about £350 brand new. I gave it away to another basschatter when I stopped using it. There’s some real Ashdown bargains out there 

• Like 1

I love my EBS TD650 but I’m so tempted to try an AMB600. They’re obviously becoming more appreciated, when I was looking at getting one a while back, you could easily pick them up for around £350, don’t see many at that price now!