Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM owners club

Guest BassAdder27

1 hour ago, CJPJ said:

It's only prohibited if send internationally depending on where its coming from and going to. When I went through the detail it didn't (as far as I could see) prohibit it from domestic shipping or insuring. I can see that if you type in Amplifier it flags it up but I went through the list of prohibited items line by line and there is nothing that reflects an Amp. If you look at 'restricted item' there is a note on amps but I was OK with this as I'd packaged it in a ton of bubble wrap and frankly you could have chucked it off the Shard and it would still be in one peice at the bottom. I was more worried about loss.

RESTRICTED ITEMS

TNT deems the following goods to be either hazardous or requiring a 'two person lift'. If you book a consignment to send the goods listed below then TNT reserves the right to refuse to collect this and if it does collect it then TNT accepts no liability for the loss or damage of the goods.

Dependent upon the countries of origin, transit and destination, examples of items that could be defined as Restricted include but are not limited to:

Amplifiers And Speakers - maximum Parcel Protection value for damages is £200, up to £2,500 for lost items.

Apple Mac/Macpro - maximum Parcel Protection value for damages is £200, up to £2,500 for lost items. (iMacs are protected for loss only)

Banjo/Guitar/Cello/Violin - maximum Parcel Protection value for damages is £100, up to £1,000 for lost items. All musical instruments must be sent in a hard case and boxed.

Computers - maximum Parcel Protection value for damages is £200, up to £2,500 for lost items. (All in one computers are protected for loss only)

Yeah I found it very odd. I definitely had UK domestic and both addresses entered are UK. It was annoying me quite a bit as I just couldn't take the booking through to the next step.

Anyhoo, I contacted the live chat folks, first person couldn't help, so I tried again later and the fellow on the other end immediately suggested putting the brand name in front of the word amplifier and bingo all sorted!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaleASmith said:

So my Mk1 ABM 500 is beyond saving. 😔

Anyone with an EVO 1 or 2 ABM 500 or 900 ( head or combo ) laying around they're not using? 🙏

Probably quite a few.

I bought my ABM 500 III for £134 off Ebay. I'm sure there's many more for sale, at a similarly criminally low price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gjones said:

Probably quite a few.

I bought my ABM 500 III for £134 off Ebay. I'm sure there's many more for sale, at a similarly criminally low price.

Agreed. I put my mk1 ABM500 Evo Rc on here   a couple of years back for £125 including a gator 4u rack case, and never got any interest in it. They’re cheap as chips if you hunt around 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Chaddy said:

Collecting a ABMIV 600 head on Saturday - 

I blame everyone on here for this purchase 😀 

You will love it .. and for a great tip really get to know the EQ 

You can get so many tones out of it

My top tip is pull down the 340hz slider as that improves the tone massively and up the main mids control instead 

I don’t use the Shape Out feature as it’s too boomy live but again if you wish to use Shape Out ( on ) then boost 340hz and you get a fab tone 

Edited by BassAdder27

51 minutes ago, Chaddy said:

Collecting a ABMIV 600 head on Saturday - 

I blame everyone on here for this purchase 😀 

I blame everyone on here for my purchase of one. However, I can say that unlike some of the other things I have got just from being here, there are no regrets with the ABM.

• Like 2

On 01/04/2022 at 14:12, BassAdder27 said:

You will love it .. and for a great tip really get to know the EQ 

You can get so many tones out of it

My top tip is pull down the 340hz slider as that improves the tone massively and up the main mids control instead 

I don’t use the Shape Out feature as it’s too boomy live but again if you wish to use Shape Out ( on ) then boost 340hz and you get a fab tone 

Thanks! 

It's buttery smooth , no crackles or pop's etc. Always a worry buying anything used. ( I was expecting to send it to Ashdown for a service for PoM ) 
The shiny face matches my SVT Cab corners- very fitting! 

Put's a smile on my face which is the main thing :) -

( which I need as I bought a new Charval for a xmas pressy...2 year pending and the thing is lush bar the grounding is well... not there :D , and the world worst pre-amp which is getting ripped out ) 

Funny thing yesterday I was trying my ABM600 with my Mark Bass 151HR cab which I plan to use for rehearsals etc ( lighter than my SVT212AV)

I can get a very nice sound using Shape OUT ( on ) and boosting some of the mids 

The 151HR can handle the deep lows nicely 

Hopefully it will be loud enough on its own for rehearsals and perhaps smaller venues? 
It’s about 8kg lighter than my SVT212AV 

Picked up an ABM410 EVO a couple years ago but it only saw some real volume from my Shuttlemax 12.0 for the first time recently, very nice, solid cab and I think they look well cool.

Fancying a head to go with it for something different, does anyone know what the ABM600 pumps out at 8ohm? Im assuming 350w-ish? 

High chance i'll get a 210 or 115 to go with it so I probably will have the full 4ohm before long, while im still young and fit!

Screenshot_20220406-075452_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramsay777 said:

Sweet set up! With the amount of knobs on the Shuttlemax, I would of thought any tone is possible?

1 hour ago, BassAdder27 said:

Anyone selling a 410 cab in Suffolk / Norfolk ? 

Have you given up on the Markbass cab? - I was quite tempted by one myself

5 minutes ago, alexa3020 said:

Sweet set up! With the amount of knobs on the Shuttlemax, I would of thought any tone is possible?

Have you given up on the Markbass cab? - I was quite tempted by one myself

Yes it’s up for sale .. it’s a lovely 15” cab but I need a 410 or similar I think … it’s only for rehearsals as I normally use my Ampeg SVT212AV cab which is really nice 

23 hours ago, Ramsay777 said:

Picked up an ABM410 EVO a couple years ago but it only saw some real volume from my Shuttlemax 12.0 for the first time recently, very nice, solid cab and I think they look well cool.

Fancying a head to go with it for something different, does anyone know what the ABM600 pumps out at 8ohm? Im assuming 350w-ish? 

High chance i'll get a 210 or 115 to go with it so I probably will have the full 4ohm before long, while im still young and fit!

Looking at the data sheets , It states 600watts RMS into 4 ohms. Per Power Section? ( Which is 2 Speakon in that area )
So if x2 4 Ohm is used that "will half the output power " as the load is 8 in total, resulting in 300 Per channel on that one power section. 

That is my understanding from the tech sheets

Link to Manual and Date sheet at bottom of page 

Halving speaker impedance doubles amplifier power.

Doubling speaker impedance halves output power. " 

23 hours ago, Ramsay777 said:

I’d say the ABM600 puts out 300ish watts at 8ohms, but having had that exact same rig it’s plenty loud enough - for bigger gigs I added in an ABM210 but it wasn’t really needed, more of a luxury which looked nice (and it did sound good too, of course).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaddy said:

Looking at the data sheets , It states 600watts RMS into 4 ohms. Per Power Section? ( Which is 2 Speakon in that area )
So if x2 4 Ohm is used that "will half the output power " as the load is 8 in total, resulting in 300 Per channel on that one power section. 

That is my understanding from the tech sheet

There is only one 'power section' on the ABM600 (I think the misprint / confusion here is that the 1200 has 2 x 600) , the sockets are both parallel.

If you plug a 4 ohm cab into one, you have a 4 ohm load. If you plug 2 8 ohm cabs into the sockets, you have a 4 ohm load (which is what I do).

if 2 x 4 ohm is used, you will be running at 2 ohm, which it is not rated for

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

There is only one 'power section' on the ABM600 (I think the misprint / confusion here is that the 1200 has 2 x 600) , the sockets are both parallel.

If you plug a 4 ohm cab into one, you have a 4 ohm load. If you plug 2 8 ohm cabs into the sockets, you have a 4 ohm load (which is what I do).

if 2 x 4 ohm is used, you will be running at 2 ohm, which it is not rated for

Star, thanks man 

Having been without an ABM for the last year or two, I rejoined the ranks today with an ABM500 2x10 combo which I bought from a fellow bass chatter. My plan was to have a cheap combo that I could leave where we rehearse so I wouldn't have to take my gig gear (currently an Orange Little Bass Thing and Barefaced Super Compact) - but the Ashdown combo sounds so good I might reconsider that idea. 

I'm rehearsing with one of my bands in Oxford tomorrow and am very tempted to take the Ashdown along, but there are steps down to the rehearsal room, so will need help from a band mate.

Edited by FinnDave
typo
  • Like 3