Why become a member? ×

Sold Marleaux Consat Soprano - NO IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!
£200
On your doorstep once I have the filthy lucre.

Owen

Because I am a Time Lord and can bend the laws of physics, I knew I could take a 21" solid body Uke Bass, put metal strings on it and turn it into a fully functioning 5 string bass. Cos, y'know, how hard can it be? And I am a visionary and can see things no one else can see.

It turns out that I am not. Another crushing dissapoointment in my life.

So, I am left with a £200 ebay import from China with a new bridge routed into the body and a Delano 5 string P pickup both done by Jabba the Wood Whisperer.  I also put new machine heads on it. And new strings by Newtone. I tried different windings for the B and physics laughed at my Time Lord aspirations.

So it is good to go now as a 5 string E to C bass. Or you could go all Marleax Consat Soprano and string it B to G but an octave up. The low B is not great AT ALL on it but fine as a really long and spongy thumb rest.

It has the original pre-amp in it which functions really well and is Treble/Mid/Bass an a Vol control. And the Vol control has a center detent in it. Crazy madness.

If you wanted to keep it as an at pitch E to C then you would need to order a new top C from Mr Newtone. If you wanted to get all Marleaux Consat Soprano on it then you would need to order a new set of strings fron Mr Newtone. Is it as good as a Marleaux Consat Soprano? Let's face it, no. But in reality it is a remarkably nice instrument which has been fettled by the Wood Whisperer. It is about 18% of the price (I made that up) and good to go. 

20211113_205553.jpg

20211113_205601.jpg

20211113_205618.jpg

20211113_205628.jpg

20211113_205639.jpg

Edited by owen
because of the spelling. Always because of the spelling.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Owen changed the title to Marleaux Consat Soprano - NO IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!

Sorry. We finished in Next and then on the way home we decided to go to our favourite Chinese restaurant for a meal. Cos we are crazy and spontaneous like that. We then got home to a leaking washing machine. What a day!

• Like 1

• Owen changed the title to Sold Marleaux Consat Soprano - NO IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic