Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger MB150s (first edition bass combo) - *SOLD*
£245
Aylesbury

Bass Wielder

NOW SOLD!
Thinning the collection down: 
Here’s a vintage in great working condition.

I got this as it is and have kept and used it for a few years with both double/upright and electric bass on gigs and at home but now sadly it has to go where it’s going to be hopefully cared, used and appreciated!

They were very expensive back in the day and the standard for double bass players (I seen them with the great Ron Carter in the flesh). Now many more small combos exist and even newer versions of this but these can sometimes sound very digital and the newer versions didn’t seem to be as reliable.

•Read details carefully please:

Previously owed by a friend, fellow bass player and engineer, it was cared and modified by him.

*The speaker is not the original. I’m not sure what it is but certainly handles the low end better and is warmer than the original (which blew up).

*A tweeter pair with an on/off switch has been added (barely seen easily removed but I left it and did use it especially with electric bass for slap or other music genres that need the extra top end sizzle). Can be switched off if necessary. 

* Top handle was replaced for safety and reliability.

Other than that, all else original as far as I know and can see.

Great sound and sturdy build (metal case) in a combo format, it’s  very portable and great size for the small to medium gigs or at home as a ‘proper professional practice’  and not a ‘convenient cheap combo’ (see what I did there? 😎).

150 watts, 4 ohm with 12” speaker (and tweeters).

Collection from Aylesbury offered for trials/piece of mind and safety.

Shipping possible at buyers’ cost.

F0434172-F264-45C1-9E40-2F355095DF6F.jpeg

3CCC6A7B-9CF5-4273-9A91-62277A9D62C7.jpeg

498D8A2F-7479-47B9-844C-F623722B6B94.jpeg

BF02F610-88FF-4BC6-B201-1315B5404584.jpeg

983A8791-E8D8-4682-A34F-A279D92F6719.jpeg

9FE4D179-479E-43F9-ADFF-A121DA82E56C.jpeg

241D98EC-11FB-4600-AADC-6562B3F6EB84.jpeg

1D5298B4-DC13-4FF1-AF34-BC54FDF311B5.jpeg

Edited by Bass Wielder
Updates
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok. I had one person suggest that this is ‘too modded”…

My reply: “Firstly as I stated, I received this in this condition, that in my opinion as a pro player, improved it from the original (I have owned several models over the years). Secondly, I’m not suggesting that a buyer takes my word for it, so I’m open to viewings/trials.”

Sadly I have been using other gear so this has become a luxury and best be used by someone. (And I get the space…but not GAS)

Unhappily it's not possible for me to buy this immediately but you have a definite sale if it is available in a few weeks, when I will be able to. My impression is that the mods seem to enhance it and have no issue with them.

On that basis, can you please stop bumping it back to the top!!

18 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

Unhappily it's not possible for me to buy this immediately but you have a definite sale if it is available in a few weeks, when I will be able to. My impression is that the mods seem to enhance it and have no issue with them.

On that basis, can you please stop bumping it back to the top!!

Fine then😤

😎

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Bass Wielder is this still available? I'd be really interested in taking it off your hands ASAP

I love these things! I'm based in London, so if you're coming this way soon I can meet, or perhaps we could meet half way?

Either way i'm sure we can sort something,

All the best,
Conor

12 hours ago, Conormurray923 said:

Hi Bass Wielder is this still available? I'd be really interested in taking it off your hands ASAP

I love these things! I'm based in London, so if you're coming this way soon I can meet, or perhaps we could meet half way?

Either way i'm sure we can sort something,

All the best,
Conor

PM’d you….

• Bass Wielder changed the title to Gallien Krueger MB150s (NOW SOLD!)