Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Custom Jazz - SOLD
£1100
Kendal, NW UK

GreeneKing

Now £899

This is a really nice bass. Beautifully made with a great tone especially with the full John East Uni Pre. Since I collected my 32" scale Zoot it has only been picked up a couple of times and this is only a reflection on how much a medium scale suits me better.

It is a custom built Sandberg but not originally built for me. I guess it was commissioned with someone's 50th birthday in mind. The woods are stunning. The grain makes me think Wenge although I'll bow to those more knowledgeable. There's wedge and bubinga going on methinks.

The zero fret compliments a fairly jazz proportioned neck and the fretwork is excellent with low wear. This is simply a superb bass. Being the woods it is, it's about 10lbs on my bathroom scale.

The controls, from the neck are Volume, Balance, Treble over Bass with a pull bright setting, Mid sweep and finally a Passive tone (that works in active) with a pull for passive.

I'm happy to let the lovely Harvest strap go with the bass if a buyer wants it. It's just right in my opinion. Dunlop strap fittings.

I don't have a hard case. I only have one gig bag to my name and no boxes so shipping is an issue. I'm happy to meet up a reasonable distance away. I'm in the far flung NW of England. I'd certainly consider trades for a 32" scale bass.

Viewing welcomed as is having a noodle :)

Peter 

DSC_0946-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0948-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0949-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0950-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0951-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0952-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0954-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0955-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0956-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0957-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0958-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

DSC_0959-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

Edited by GreeneKing
  • Like 17

• GreeneKing changed the title to Sandberg Custom Jazz Trade for 32" scale - price drop
  • GreeneKing changed the title to Sandberg Custom Jazz Trade for 32" scale - Drastic measures, another fall in price......

I’ve just bought, on impulse a short scale bass. So this needs to be sold. 

Reduced to £949. I understand that shipping is an issue but if you send me a hard case I’ll ship for that price. 

This is to me a bit of a bargain. 

• GreeneKing changed the title to Sandberg Custom Jazz - Needs to be sold. £949
  • GreeneKing changed the title to Sandberg Custom Jazz - Further reduction £899

I've just spent nearly £35 unsuccessfully on an eBay sale (such is the price of having a reserve). I played this bass last night and it emphasised to me just how good it is, how well it is made and it's condition.

So another price reduction. If needs be it'll stay because it is lovely :)

• GreeneKing changed the title to Sandberg Custom Jazz - SOLD
  • Hamster locked this topic