Why become a member? ×

Ship your bass for free! (UK only)

hiram.k.hackenbacker

I can't take credit for this idea as it has been floated here before at some point, but I thought it might help someone out.

My gig diary seems to be filling up for next year and barring a resurgence of COVID, it looks like I'll be doing some mileage again.

I generally share the driving with our guitarist and we always have room for another bass or amp in the vehicle. Speaker cabs, combos and larger items might be tricky.

I shipped one of my own basses to @Nibody fairly recently whilst at a gig in Derbyshire. He met me at the venue and I handed the bass over, so there's no reason it can't succeed if the buyers and sellers do their bit.@walshy has also done the same for me when he played a gig in Dagenham.

For this to work, either the buyer or seller would have to meet me at the venue where I'm playing to collect or deliver the item from me. When at I'm home (and this is where it is a bit limiting) the buyer or seller would have to collect or deliver to my home address. I live in South Essex between Basildon and Rayleigh. London is a short train ride. What I can't do is make pit stops either on the way to or returning from a venue.

So this is what my 2022 diary looks like at the moment. There will be more dates added.

If I can help I will, plus it's totally free, no need for that pesky boxing up business and you can be assured that I will treat your gear as I would my own.

18/3/22 - Cromer Pier & Pavilion Theatre, Promenade, Cromer, Norfolk, NR27 9HE.

25/3/22 - Cornerstone Arts Centre, 25 Station Rd, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 7NE.

22/4/22 - Foreham Theatre, Queensway, Stockton-on-Tees, Durham, TS23 2LJ.

30/4/22 - Castle Theatre, 10 Castle Way, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 1XA.

14/5/22 - Oop North somewhere (venue TBC)

10/6/22 - Southmill Arts Center, 1-3 South Rd, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 3JG.

11/6/22 - The Exchange, Old Market Hill, Sturminster Newton, Dorset, DT10 1FH.

17/6/22 - Mill Arts Centre, Spiceball Park Rd, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5QE.

18/6/22 - Conkers, Rawdon Rd, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 6GA.

23/9/22 - Penistone Paramount, 23 Shrewsbury Rd, Penistone, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S36 6DY.

1/10/22 - Hazlitt Theatre, Earl St, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1PL.

28/10/22 - Westcliff Theatre, Tower Rd, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO15 1LE.

20/11/22 - The Deco, Abington Square, Northampton, NN1 4AE.

Just something to bear in mind should you find yourself moving a bass or amp next year.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

To carry on in the spirit of this idea.

December 20th I’m driving from Derby (DE22) to Lewes, East Sussex and then returning to Derby on 22nd. Lewes is quite close to Brighton.

I’m happy to deliver/collect either, or both ways providing the items are brought to or collected from me.

Perhaps this would be a good pinned post Mods?