Why become a member? ×

Wood n Tronics basses

ambient

I’ve long been a fan of their instruments. I’ve so far owned two, a five string Chronos, and my current six string that I bought direct from Enrico last year.

They’ve bought out a new range, they’re fabulous looking instruments.

I love the concept of creating music on an instrument that is itself a work of art.

From the email I received earlier:

Pasini Basses' inspiration is all about a phrase from Leonardo Da Vinci: "A functional object is fully accomplished only when it is a beautiful artistic creation".

https://www.pasinibasses.net/

Edited by ambient
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder, but to me these are incredibly ugly... I love the original W&T basses, but these just look far too busy, not for me! I'm sure they play and sound great though!

True. If we all liked the same thing, it’d be a pretty boring world.

This is mine.

763AB989-F385-422D-92C5-97A5C1FC1A24.jpeg

B4FE5E02-3B33-4168-9C2C-ABFB65DCE4AE.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ambient said:

Pasini Basses' inspiration is all about a phrase from Leonardo Da Vinci: "A functional object is fully accomplished only when it is a beautiful artistic creation".

https://www.pasinibasses.net/

They look like Wood & Tronics basses but with a generous sprinkle of steampunk style. I don’t know if I’d play one, but they look pretty cool!

• Like 1

Just now, ambient said:

I think the headless one is my favourite.

Agreed. I wasn’t expecting to see that at the bottom of the page. I was never a fan of the Wood&Tronics headstocks so the headless certainly alleviates that issue for me! I think the body shape works better without a headstock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

That said, they are not Wood & Tronics anymore, but Pasini, even if they are the same.

Don't know why he changed his brand name to his own name.

I don’t, I do actually prefer the name Pasini to W&T.

• Like 1

Love the Zoid shape and have come close to owning one several times. 
Also a fan of some of the headless versions. I’m sure I’m not imagining it but I found a 32” 5 or 6 string last year possibly headless with the movable

pickup system. Should have 🤦🏻‍♂️

Not so keen on the finish of the Pasini’s so far. They’re a bit busy for me. However it’s good to see ongoing development of the brand and not getting stuck in the same place. 

• Like 1

Like the look of W&T basses, not sure I'd buy one, but they're nice to look at. 

Not convinced on the Pasini side, I'm not sure I get the concept/marketing angle. The metal pickbuard/control plate is the worst part for me.

But hey, I think you should get one @ambient:)

SI

3 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Like the look of W&T basses, not sure I'd buy one, but they're nice to look at. 

Not convinced on the Pasini side, I'm not sure I get the concept/marketing angle. The metal pickbuard/control plate is the worst part for me.

But hey, I think you should get one @ambient:)

SI

I am considering it. I’d like a fretless 6 string. I’m not keen on the scratchplate either, that’s the beauty though, you can tailor what you see to what you want.

I like the fretless model you can see at the very bottom of the gallery, it looks like it’s semi-hollow.

1 hour ago, ambient said:

I am considering it. I’d like a fretless 6 string. I’m not keen on the scratchplate either, that’s the beauty though, you can tailor what you see to what you want.

I'm not quite sure how they differ then from W&T?

Si

19 hours ago, binky_bass said:

Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder, but to me these are incredibly ugly... I love the original W&T basses, but these just look far too busy, not for me! 

This. I loved the original basses, particularly the original Zoid which I thought was a fantastic design, but then they changed that to a vague (and appallingly-rendered) approximation and I haven’t liked anything since. Apologies, but to me those look like they were designed by a not particularly artistic 12 year old.