Why become a member? ×

NBD - reunited with my '71 P!

wateroftyne

16 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

Is t that unusual to have 2 colour sunburst in the 70’s? I had a tri-colour. Or is it just that the red has faded?

The red's faded - the red is resplendent on the back and under the pickguard. My '71 fretless has done the same.

Not quite sure why some aren't affected. It's a strange one!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Good to hear this, must have been a great day when you finally got it back

Honestly, my heart fluttered when I opened the case.

I remember the day before the buyer was due to pick it up, I emailed him to tell him I was having massive regrets, and couldn't go through with it. He understood, but then I felt so bad about it I went through with the sale.

I realised I've been searching to fill the gap ever since, and for him to have to good grace to offer it back to me when I put the shout out for an early 70s P on BC a couple of weeks ago was a bit of surprise. I didn't even know he was on BC - I thought it was gone for good.

Here's a vid of us happy together back in the glory days when I had a little bit of hair... 

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 19

So yeah..I bought Michael's P bass around four years ago but as mentioned he didn't let it go without having second thoughts & that kinda stuck with me. I guess I never really bonded with Michael's P bass probably because it still felt like it didn't belong to me (if you all see what I mean).

When I read his items wanted on here for an early 70's P bass I just had to reply. 
I'm a big believer of the saying what goes around comes around & this just about sums up Basschat & our fantastic community we have here.

Michael it's great that you have your beloved P bass back. I'm so happy for you. It's the least I could do. 
Cheers Norm 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Normski said:

So yeah..I bought Michael's P bass around four years ago but as mentioned he didn't let it go without having second thoughts & that kinda stuck with me. I guess I never really bonded with Michael's P bass probably because it still felt like it didn't belong to me (if you all see what I mean).

When I read his items wanted on here for an early 70's P bass I just had to reply. 
I'm a big believer of the saying what goes around comes around & this just about sums up Basschat & our fantastic community we have here.

Michael it's great that you have your beloved P bass back. I'm so happy for you. It's the least I could do. 
Cheers Norm 

Nice one Norm. 

• Like 3