Why become a member? ×

Covers/Wedding band required

bassix

Sorry if this in the wrong section, I considered wanted but couldn't see any other similar posts so elected for here.

Anyhow, I'm getting married in February in Newcastle and the band I had lined up can no longer make it - does anyone have any smart suggestions of where to look or that play in bands that might be interested? 

We're ideally looking for a band who do rock and roll/rockabilly (double bass optional!) covers of popular songs, any suggestions gratefully received. It's that or I've got to get up and play myself and frankly I'm not sure how the audience will take to a punk band! 

• Haha 1

is this Newcastle upon tyne?

if so then Paging @wateroftyne @warwickhunt @cd_david    Not that any play in this kind of band but they are local and have lots of connections so might be able to suggest a suitable band.

actually one has popped into my head, The Baldy Holly Band, i've not heard them myself but a friend of mine has depped with them a few times and he is a very discerning musician so they must be pretty good.

Matt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bassix said:

We're ideally looking for a band who do rock and roll/rockabilly (double bass optional!) covers of popular songs, any suggestions gratefully received. It's that or I've got to get up and play myself and frankly I'm not sure how the audience will take to a punk band! 

Sounds like a good idea for a band..but the punk would be even better 🙂 !

Congratulations and good luck!

Only advice I can think of is that such a band may not think of themselves as a "wedding band" so maybe avoid searches for wedding bands and look for R&R or whatever.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt P said:

is this Newcastle upon tyne?

if so then Paging @wateroftyne @warwickhunt @cd_david    Not that any play in this kind of band but they are local and have lots of connections so might be able to suggest a suitable band.

actually one has popped into my head, The Baldy Holly Band, i've not heard them myself but a friend of mine has depped with them a few times and he is a very discerning musician so they must be pretty good.

Matt

Yeah Matt, we do weddings etc but we are more a general covers/rock band but for that kind of Rockabilly stuff you could try:  

https://www.facebook.com/TheRevolutionairesOfficial/

https://www.facebook.com/bessieandthezincbuckets

Might pay @bassix to post on the local FB bands page, such as - https://www.facebook.com/groups/NEmuso

• Thanks 1

Just thought - I did once go to a works do and a duo was playing called "The Peas" who did covers of popular songs on  :

•  double bass/vocals and acoustic guitar/vocals (bass drum).
  • Added instrumentation in the form of Kazoo's, mouth trumpets, melodica, beat box.

They were good fun, and sounded good.

They are based in south of England by the looks, so not sure if they would travel.

image.png.3e1f3b48c6b23e04b49138d5f054f467.png

Music starts after about a minute. 

www.trevorgeorge.co.uk/act/the-peas/

• Like 2

We use "Add To Event" as a source of gigs.

If you go on there and put in your requirements then any band that fits will get in touch.

Put as much detail as you can as any interested bands pay a nominal fee for your contact details and I always give a swerve to any that just say, "band needed".

• Like 1