Why become a member? ×

Complaining On Stage

cheddatom

On 09/11/2021 at 07:08, NancyJohnson said:

Years ago we got a late gig, 40 minute punky set supporting someone.  Free rehearsal.

Vocalist had the start of a cold, but said it wouldn't affect things.  He spent an hour before our slot drinking Guinness and eating several bars of chocolate. 

What should he have indulged in, lozenges and Lemsip? 😂

On 12/11/2021 at 13:07, dmccombe7 said:

@ubit gotta ask why there were 2 bands at same wedding. Not heard of that before. 

Dave

Up this way it's quite common. You have one band (us) playing rock, pop, country type stuff and you have a traditional band playing ceilidh music. That way there's something for every one. We later morphed into a full band with an accordion player and we could cater for the whole evening.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ubit said:

Up this way it's quite common. You have one band (us) playing rock, pop, country type stuff and you have a traditional band playing ceilidh music. That way there's something for every one. We later morphed into a full band with an accordion player and we could cater for the whole evening.

You know that makes a lot of sense as anytime i've been at a wedding in Highlands everyone wants that traditional Scottish themed music to finish on.

Was at mates wedding reception in the large hotel in Oban at the front overlooking the harbour. Was a great night.

And have to say a very tasty breakfast in the morning.

Out of curiosity why not learn some Ceilidh music just for that type of function and then you'll get paid twice. 😂

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

Our drummer sent that clip to me last night. 

Why she couldn't just take a short break and go to the loo.

Disgusting.

Some poor cleaning staff are gonna have to clean that up. Not acceptable in my book.

And what about the idiot that got up on stage. How sick is he.

Dave

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

What if you complained on stage about needing a pee but you were in the breakdown of a Rage cover so....

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/sophia-urista-brass-against-fan-b1957226.html

I do not in any way condone, enjoy or glorify this behaviour.

They're adding a new song to the set. It goes something like

ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with

I just want to get on stage and drink....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimR said:

We call that a Barn Dance. It's a completely different setup. I've sat in on a couple and found the musicians have a completely different mind-set. 

Si the OldGit played in a superb barn dance/ceilidh band called the Jellied Reels... I depped on bass with them one evening and Si played his saxes and didgeridu(!) all evening. Si knew perfectly well that I hate taking bass solos... so predictably, half way through one of the tunes he turned and pointed at me and with a massive grin yelled "BASS SOLO!!!".
Git. :lol: 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Si the OldGit played in a superb barn dance/ceilidh band called the Jellied Reels... I depped on bass with them one evening and Si played his saxes and didgeridu(!) all evening. Si knew perfectly well that I hate taking bass solos... so predictably, half way through one of the tunes he turned and pointed at me and with a massive grin yelled "BASS SOLO!!!".
Git. :lol: 

Oooohhhh that was sneaky, but you gotta laugh 😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

It also underlines the point of this thread….. even though she did that without agreeing it with the rest of the band, they didn’t complain on stage… or even give her a funny look.

One walked off apparently. But she complained to the audience a few times about needing a leak.

• Thanks 1