Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX765A - SOLD
£225

Delberthot

If I've dated this correctly then I have a February 1999 Yamaha RBX 765A for sale

I bought this during the bad old times of 2020 as I thought that it would be good to have a 5 string should the need arise for me to have one but it hasn't and I doubt it will so I am offering it up for sale.

Condition is really good for a nearly 23 year old bass. There is light swirling across the back of the body and a small amout around a couple of the cotrol knobs that I could only see when I held it up to the light but there are no dings or dongs anywhere on the body. There's a tiny chip out of the paint on the headstock but a touch-up pen or even red nail varnish should hide that.

The gold hardware is looking pretty good. There are a few shallow indentations that I can't feel while playing at the back of the neck around the 9th fret.

The pictures make it look like it's bright red but it's a darker shade of translucent red. The last picture of the headstock is the closest to the actual colour

Soundwise it's pretty snappy. I've had it doing a good impression of Flea & Rhino but there's plenty of scope for adjustment using the onboard EQ.

It's nice and light, for me anyway. I don't have anything to measure it by but it was incredibly comfortable for the first set of a gig I took it out for just to try it out live.

I have a functional gig bag to carry it around it which will be included and it has a new Duracell battery and D'addario Prosteels fitted.

I would prefer pickup or meet up but I do have a box that I could package it up in if you're too far away to do either.

I am looking for £225 or closest reasonable offer and would prefer bank transfer to avoid PainPal fees

Although I've posted over 100 basses plus amps, cabs etc it has been while so I don't know how quickly they're delivering at the moment and the prices seem to have gone up since the last time. I normally use UPS and they are quoting me £40 for delivery.

Any questions please fire away. And now for the pictures:

20200719_124037.jpg

20200719_124047.jpg

20200719_124100.jpg

20200719_124106.jpg

20211101_190456.jpg

20211101_190537.jpg

20211101_190607.jpg

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, therealting said:

It may be worth seeing where you are located, since you would prefer pick up. Love these basses, good luck with the sale!

I think that there used to be a field where you had to state your location before you could place your ads but I didn't see it when I did this one but I do have my location underneath my avatar

• Delberthot changed the title to Yamaha RBX765A - SOLD
  • Rich locked this topic