Why become a member? ×

50s roadworn 2010 & 50s classic series 2018

la bam

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, la bam said:

Thanks. Are they the same hardware - pickups, bridge etc?

They should be, but given the eight-year difference who knows what might have changed? I've owned a RW precision and a Classic Series Jazz and the only difference I could really detect was the finish.

On 06/11/2021 at 13:33, la bam said:

Hi all,

I have a 2010 50s road worn precision.

Are these the same basses as the 50s classic series from 2018 (minus the relic) ? ir same dimensions, hardware, pups etc..

It just seems a long run if they are?

It depends which model you’re referring to. The ‘Classic’ series actually has two variants; A poly finish (with more colour options generally available) and then a select number of colour options available in a lacquer (nitro) finish, which also come with a hard case and were slightly more expensive as a result. Fender’s naming clearly states the difference so it’s easier to spot, but the finish difference between a lacquer Road Worn and a poly Classic series would be different (in terms of finish type and how it would affect wear over time etc). The differences between a ‘Classic Lacquer’ and a Road Worn would be much closer in terms of spec (with the Road Worn obviously having the worn/relic finish already applied). 

I think the poly finished Classic 50s Precision was available in sunburst, red, black and a honey/butterscotch. I think the lacquer was available in a translucent white and black only.

Edited by skej21
  • Like 1