Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith BT6 Information & Dimensions

glassmoon

Perhaps a strange question, but I've been in love with the Ken Smith BT6 since I first saw John Patitucci'videos back in the mid 90s. Unfortunately, I've never seen one up close, let alone that I'll never be able to afford such a prize, but I am interested to know as much about these basses as I possibly can.... (dons geek cap)

Body dimensions, overall length, etc. etc. Any information really would be so very much appreciated.

Is there anyone who is ready, willing and able to pull out of tape measure for my bass nerdery?

Kindest regards, 

Julian 

What a coincidence - John's two Electric Bass tuition videos are what made me want a BT6, too. Mine is pictured here.

Here are the specs:

Length: 1127mm.

Width: 366mm.

Body thickness: 36mm.

Headstock width: 100mm.

Nut width: 54mm.

24th fret width: 92mm.

Bridge width: 117mm.

Weight: 11lbs 5oz.

Star sign: Virgo. (Or at least, Ken's quality control test is dated the 6th of October 1993.)

Is this enough detail to 3D print one? 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ectoplasm said:

What a coincidence - John's two Electric Bass tuition videos are what made me want a BT6, too. Mine is pictured here.

Here are the specs:

Length: 1127mm.

Width: 366mm.

Body thickness: 36mm.

Headstock width: 100mm.

Nut width: 54mm.

24th fret width: 92mm.

Bridge width: 117mm.

Weight: 11lbs 5oz.

Star sign: Virgo. (Or at least, Ken's quality control test is dated the 6th of October 1993.)

Is this enough detail to 3D print one? 😊

A. I am supremely jealous (in a good way of course) of that absolutely gorgeous bass. Wow, there really is nothing finer in my opinion.

B. Thank you so,so,so much for the information. That is stellar of you. That has made my day, month and year @Ectoplasm.