Why become a member? ×

Overwater Custom J5 (2015) - In fabulous condition! - *SOLD*
£1850
Stockport

guyl

NOW SOLD!

For Sale - this Fabulous Overwater Custom J5 - complete with Certificate of Authenticity and Overwater Case.

I purchased a few years ago because I wanted a really high quality "Jazz" - and this doesn't disappoint. I'm normally a "punchy-active-kind-of-a-guy", but fell in love with this bass sound which is classic and "unaggressive" (is that a sound??) but also surprisingly versatile. It has certainly fitted into all the musical situations I have played. The full and warm sound just always sits "nicely" in the mix.  Previous owner had flats on it which actually sounded great although not for me. I've still got them if the buyer wants them. Currently strung with D'Addario round wounds.

It's beautifully constructed with top notch hardware including Hipshot Ultra-Light tuners. And the Overwater "Noiseless J" pickups coupled with their own 'Flat Response' Buffer Pre-amp and Passive EQ are really lovely. 

Swamp Ash body and Maple neck (I think). Lots of spec detail on the OW website. (Plus prices - a new one would set you back £3.5k).

I'm told it was born with a natural satin finish in December 2015, but swiftly went back to OW for the high gloss white finish that looks awesome. 

Condition is excellent. Only one significant blemish in the white paintwork which I have tried to photograph. A "dirty" mark rather than a proper ding/scratch. You need to look close to see it. 

Reason for sale is quite simply that GAS has really got a grip of me. I now own more basses than I can ever hope to play. And today, I scratched a lifetime itch and bought a Ken Smith from Bass Direct (that I can neither afford, nor justify!). Something has to go, and funds need raising. 

Holler with any questions - and you're welcome to try if ever in Stockport/Wilmslow area. Can post in that hard case, or meet part-way too if this helps a buyer.

Cheers

IMG_8513.JPG

IMG_8514.JPG

IMG_8515.JPG

IMG_8516.JPG

IMG_8517.JPG

IMG_8518.JPG

IMG_8519.JPG

IMG_8520.JPG

IMG_8521.JPG

IMG_8524.JPG

IMG_8525.JPG

IMG_8526.JPG

Edited by guyl
SOLD
  • Like 6

Will try to take better photos to show fingerboard radius.

Unrelated, someone by DM has asked about string spacing. Overwater have told me: 

it is a variation of a Scott Devine signature in that it has the slightly smaller body, 16.5mm string spacing and individual bridge pieces of the SDJ but with a 34” scale length as opposed to the 33” that comes as standard. 

This is a touch narrower than my other 5-string basses, but coupled with a "Fender Jazz-like" slim neck makes the bass very easy to play.....

8 hours ago, fingerz said:

Hi,

You wouldn't happen to know the fingerboard radius of this bass would you? Nothing on the OW site that I can find, and normally they favour a very flat feeling fingerboard.

Gorgeous looking bass.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks @fingerz  Pretty flat - photos to try to show

302E0BDD-E854-4A02-A383-AF7EB2D4186E.jpeg

83D09A05-7963-48B4-9623-2AB2AC994C6F.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • guyl changed the title to SOLD! Overwater Custom J5 (2015) - In fabulous condition!