Why become a member? ×

On hold: Greenboy Crazy 8 bass cab. - *SOLD*
£265
Cardiff

Marc S

For Sale only (No Trades).

These are pretty rare these days, and are no longer being made. Ultra compact & portable Crazy 8 bass cab. I'll check and get an accurate weight later, but it's really light.
8ohm 200W (though I'm sure I read somewhere the cab can actually handle 300W - Tricky Audio can be contacted to confirm). No cover......

This version is the one without tweeter. (I think they only made a few like this). I did contact Tricky a while back, as I was thinking of adding a tweeter - I was told this is not a problem, and they can either do it for you, or send you the components.

I used this cab on quite a few gigs, paired with various other cabs. I also used it on its' own, for smallish Cafe / bar and acoustic gigs, and it always sounded great - particularly with upright bass. In fact I have always been really pleased with the surprising amount of lower end frequencies in such a small cab - it really rocks! Recently, I used it paired with my Epifani UL 110 in an outdoor gig, and it coped superbly. (a 1x10" + 1x8" rig sounds like it shouldn't work outdoors - but it did, admirably)

The cab is in good condition, though the front grille could possibly do with a re-spray. I'm only selling as I've been changing my rig lately, and have bought other gear - so I should move something on......

I would much prefer collection or a meet-up, but if I can find a box I might consider postage, if buyer arranges their own courier 

IMG_20210715_083432289.jpg

IMG_20210715_083455207.jpg

IMG_20210715_083443135.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 2

• Marc S changed the title to Now £250: Greenboy Crazy 8 bass cab.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts @BassBod.

When you put something up for sale, if no one gets in touch, you wonder about asking price.

I had several gigs in a short space of time - now it's much quieter. Fingers crossed that it picks up... For so many of us.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2021 at 15:48, Marc S said:

Hi @Happy Jack

Thanks for your thoughts. 

actually, I haven't listed it in the DB section, and was beginning to wonder whether I should have listed it there instead....

I don't know if listing the same item in 2 places is allowed?

I listed in 2 places once. It did not go well. The listing police were all over me like a bad rash. It was an NS fretted Omni Bass so I thought the bass guitar and the DB forums were fair game. Do it anyway.

• Marc S changed the title to SOLD *: Greenboy Crazy 8 bass cab.