Why become a member? ×

NPD - BP Lunar Cluster

stewblack

Back in the days of innocence and wealth I decided to ask the chaps at Bad Penny FX to make me a super duper bass fuzz with clean blend, boosts, tone shaping, effects loop and anything else they had space for.

They readily agreed and began to draw up plans.

Then plague settled on the land and everything went haywire. 

Anyway, today, the eagle has landed.

Sound samples and review to follow, but of course no pics means  it never happened, so here are some quick snaps.

IMG_20211103_225113.thumb.jpg.3c6ca40d1b90695339713465863ef3b5.jpgIMG_20211103_122820.thumb.jpg.52093d1e23d94310a5db1f9788e7c4fe.jpgIMG_20211103_122814.thumb.jpg.505025dde641f1e659e9b2f3b1b932f0.jpg

• Like 7

Jimminy Christmas, that is spectacular. In a sea of boutique, expensive dullness it's great to see something fun and special. 

I really hope you bond with this and make it a permanent part of your setup, because it is a wonderful slab of madness, thank you for sharing it with us.

Would it be too rude to ask to see what's happening inside? I'd love to know what's happening behind the curtain. If that's too explicit a request, I apologise :)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, soldersqueeze said:

Jimminy Christmas, that is spectacular. In a sea of boutique, expensive dullness it's great to see something fun and special. 

I really hope you bond with this and make it a permanent part of your setup, because it is a wonderful slab of madness, thank you for sharing it with us.

Would it be too rude to ask to see what's happening inside? I'd love to know what's happening behind the curtain. If that's too explicit a request, I apologise :)

I believe Bad Penny put some shots up as they were making it. Let me see.

Quite happy to whip the back off though

Edited by stewblack

58 minutes ago, stewblack said:

That's, um, a good thing. Right?

Dunno, it results in a much bigger build, so maybe. Solder joints are bigger , so more secure, but also solder joints are bigger, so increased resistance…

I think it’s a nostalgia thing to be honest; I know people who build tube amps with tag board and they look amazing, but don’t sound any different.

long term though, they’re easier to repair!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...