Why become a member? ×

OK, you can all give up the bass and go home now

skankdelvar

On 05/11/2021 at 14:39, Woodinblack said:

I have family in Kent and Cumbria, would need a pretty impressive amp for them to hear it!

Reckon a small amp and a small car to carry it around in would work equally well.  Unless you wanted them both to hear it simultaneously...

Back in the day, many moons ago as a lad, it took me an hour and a half each way to get a bass lesson with a good player, plus about an hour walking station to station, the tutor used to let the lesson run on a little bit so all in all it was about 6 hours out of the day.

Now, you have the most renowned players and a world of knowledge at your fingertips. A new breed of players with instantly available tuition from some of the best.

Bound to make a difference isn't it.

Not read the whole thread but what I 'like' about these 'wunderkinds' is that they give me permission NOT try keep trying to be a virtuoso. It's not about chops, it's about Music. Transcriptions I have done reveal that you can make about 90% of Music without these levels of technique. Someone once said they had never met a player without more chops than they could use. 

• Like 2