Why become a member? ×

REDUCED AGAIN : £2100 : Fender Jazz Bass 50th Anniversary - *SOLD*
£2500
Dursley

nationofzeros

For sale : Fender Jazz Bass 50th Anniversary, excellent condition, candy red, with original Fender / G&G hard case and all original case candy & tools. Everything works including the truss rod.

Fender set out to incorporate all of the 'greatest hits' features in the J-bass's history with these models, full spec below. But if you know your J-basses you'll already know all about this model...

The only defects I can find are a couple of tiny chips in the paint on the back, a little wear in the pickguard slot where the truss rod tool goes in, and some lacquer discoloration where the neck meets the headstock (perhaps from a hangar) - I have tried to photo these as best I can.

"Celebrate 50 years of solid bass performance with the 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass! Bringing together the best elements of Jazz Basses from previous incarnations, this is the ultimate bass for J Bass fans. The alder body offers up traditional Fender bass tones, which are amplified by the pair of '75 Vintage Jazz Bass pickups.

The J Bass has always been favored by players seeking a faster neck, and 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass certainly delivers. The feel of the familiar C-shaped neck is enhanced by the rolled fingerboard edges, and classy pearloid block inlays run the length of the rosewood fingerboard. As with any instrument, tone is a primary concern, and the high-mass vintage-style bridge bolsters both tone and sustain. Rounding out the classic touches on this very cool bass are chrome pickup covers and a bass-side thumb rest. Whether you've been rocking the Jazz Bass since its birth or you're a more recent convert, Fender has offered up a Jazz Bass for the ages with this amazing instrument!

Fender 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass 4-string Electric Bass Features at a Glance:
Alder Body
Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish, Candy Apple Red
Maple "C" Shape Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
20 Medium Jumbo Frets
34.00" Scale Length
1.50" Nut Width
Chrome hardware
Fender/Hipshot Vintage Keys with Tapered Shafts Tuning Keys
High-Mass Vintage Bridge, (Strings-Thru-Body), with Nickel Plated Brass Saddles
Two '75 Vintage Jazz Bass Single-coil Pickups
Volume 1 (Neck Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
Accessories: Cable, Strap, Case
Posiflex Graphite Neck Support Rods
White Pearloid Block Position Markers
'70s bridge pickup spacing
Bass-side thumb rest
Chrome Bridge and Pickup Covers
Rolled Fingerboard Edges
Collectable 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass Brochure
Highly Detailed Nut and Fret Work"

It looks gorgeously classy, plays fast and furious, and produces all the classic J-tones effortlessly. But I'm not truly a J-bass person, and so its time for it to find an owner who is !

Shipping at buyers expense, or pick up from South Gloucestershire

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4155.JPG

IMG_4156.JPG

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4163.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

IMG_4166.JPG

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4169.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

Edited by nationofzeros
additional image
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, BlueMoon said:

Great pictures that show the bass at it's very best. GLWTS.

Thanks ! I'm not much of a photographer really, but it is difficult not to take nice shots - for some reason, the metallic red, white plate, chrome parts & dark fretboard seem to complement each other.  Too good to be looking nice hanging on the wall...

• Like 1

• nationofzeros changed the title to REDUCED AGAIN : £2100 : Fender Jazz Bass 50th Anniversary
  • 1 month later...

Lovely vid, thanks !

14 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I remember when these came out. Beautiful looking basses.

I watched Ed's demo about a hundred times I reckon!

GLWTS

Lovely vid - thanks !

Edited by nationofzeros
spelling

• 2 months later...
  • nationofzeros changed the title to SOLD : Fender Jazz Bass 50th Anniversary