Why become a member? ×

Introduction

PTSD

Hi, 

I live in San Francisco, California. I know this is a European forum but hopefully anyone can join. I joined this other forum on the states and it sucked, they were not a very welcoming, diverse group, to put it mildly. 

I have been playing for 30 years, sort off.... I took a hiatus for close to a decade, so I guess I've technically been playing for 20 years, despite that I started playing 30 years ago.

And  I just started playing again, returning from the afore mentioned hiatus.  I'm rusty as hell. But since I didn't have a bass anymore , I bought a Rickenbacker 4003, and for an amp I bought a Mesa/Boogie TT, which is a 2 channel amp, one chanel is a tube amp, based on their 400 series tube amps, and the other channel is solid state, their Subway series... and you can put a different FX loop on each channel, and of course can play them one at a time or blend them together. It's definitely the most bad donkey amp I've ever owned, and it may be the most bad donkey amp I've ever seen/heard. (I just went into such detail because I think maybe you guys don't have Mesa Boogie amps in Europe). Also I'm playing that amp through and orange 1 x 12 cabinet  and I'm about to purchase a 1 x 15 and eventually a 2x10 cabinet, those probably won't be orange cuz I wanna mix it up somex each can bring a different sound to the table. 

And finally, in the past I've always played metal and I guess some punk rock too  but mostly metal.  And I am still playing metal but going more experimental with it this time, something like The Mars Volta  or Mr Bungle. 

Welcome to the forum, I hope we're a lot nicer than the American alternative but be careful, some members do bite 😂😂

Some awesome gear and hope you're enjoying playing bass once more. 

Any goals or aspirations? Sure hope using this forum helps you come closer to achieving them 😁👍🏻