Why become a member? ×

*SOLD** Bacchus Craft STD-JB4 ASH
£450
Lichfield, Staffs

Shepster8316

Bacchus Craft STD-JB4 ASH from the Craft Series line, made in Japan between 2014-2017 and now discontinued.  I'm not really a Jazz bass type, although this was yet another impulse swap, and sticking to my Ps, so time to move it on.  Weighs in at 4.2kg (9.3lb), so not bad at all really for an ash bass.  Not long ago set up with 100-40 rounds if I remember.  No case or gig-bag (never came with one), but might be able to find a cheapo one to throw in. 

Added: Just noticed an occasional slight crackle with the Tone control.

Price includes postage (not Hermes).

Two-piece ash body

Active/Passive Aguilar OBP2 preamp

Gotoh bridge & tuners

Bone nut 

More info here: 

IMG_E5279.JPG

IMG_E5280.JPG

IMG_E5281.JPG

IMG_E5282.JPG

IMG_E5283.JPG

IMG_E5284.JPG

IMG_E5285.JPG

IMG_E5286.JPG

IMG_E5301.JPG

Controls.JPG

Edited by Shepster8316
Mark as Sold
  • Like 7

Is Bacchus and sub brand to FGN, same headstock, same high level of workmanship???..

I have an FGN mighty Jazz which is brilliant, and this look in the same ball park, so its gonna be good.

Edited by BaggyMan

3 minutes ago, BaggyMan said:

Is Bacchus and sub brand to FGN, same headstock, same high level of workmanship???..

I have an FGN mighty Jazz which is brilliant, and this look in the same ball park, so its gonna be good.

I think they are part of Deviser. https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/en/tag/deviser-en/

Not sure if FGN is a Deviser brand though.

42 minutes ago, RhysP said:

Is this still available?

What are the controls on it? (couldn't see what the guy in the video was doing as the controls are out of shot)

Hi,

Yes it is and as for the contols..... see attached pic (Top Row: Master Vol, Blend, Active/Passive Switch.  Bottom Row: Tone, 2-Band OBP2 EQ).  The Tone works in both Active & Passive modes and when the EQ is run flat at the centre point the volume between Active & Passive remains the same and only increases when boosted.

I've just noticed a slight crackle occasionally with that Tone control.

Controls.JPG

6 minutes ago, RhysP said:

Awesome, thanks.

What's the condition like, any chips, dings? - looks great in the photos.

I've hopefully got somebody buying a guitar off me this week, if that goes ahead you shall be hearing from me again... 

Couple of light lacquer marks on the back as you'd expect from a played bass about 6/7 years old.... no chips or dings though.  Looks better 'in the flesh' and couldn't get rid of the garden cobbles reflections etc.

How has this still not sold?! The build quality is so much better than the US Fenders which are normally double the price. No CNC machines were used to make these basses!

I have a Woodline Craft series Jazz and it's one of the best J type basses I've ever played. 

8 hours ago, Supernaut said:

How has this still not sold?! The build quality is so much better than the US Fenders which are normally double the price. No CNC machines were used to make these basses!

I have a Woodline Craft series Jazz and it's one of the best J type basses I've ever played. 

It has sold... 🙂