Why become a member? ×

Planet Rock DJ Bassist

Guest BassAdder27

Driving home listening to my favourite station Planet Rock the DJ Darren ?? 
mentions interesting fact about the bass line in Living on a Prayer !

He makes reference to bass chat forums and I thought maybe he is a regular on here ? 

Hi if he is and keep up the great work 

Edited by BassAdder27

Darren Reddick - plays a Spector I believe and on the cover band circuit in Surrey (I think its Asylum Affair he's in but I may be wrong). He's a great DJ, I love the 6pm RockBlock he does.

Interestingly another Planet Rock DJ - Wyatt - played drums in my band for a few years when he was about 18. He left London and headed off to be a DJ against our (poor) advice. He's now rubbing shoulders with some of his heroes from back in the day and well done to him too 🙂 (Darren, if you read this mention Jumpin' Bones to him..)

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

Driving home listening to my favourite station Planet Rock the DJ Darren ?? 
mentions interesting fact about the bass line in Living on a Prayer !

He makes reference to bass chat forums and I thought maybe he is a regular on here ? 

Hi if he is and keep up the great work 

Ha ha. I was listening to that too. He said it is widely regarded as one of the most well put together bass lines. I have to say I agree with him.
Always enjoy playing Livin’ On A Prayer - it’s that key change at the end that does it for me.

8 minutes ago, cetera said:

Almost definitely Hugh McDonald who played on that..... and almost everything else too...

I thought it was Such as I'd never really questioned/thought about it. I'm actually not surprised it was McDonald at all. I'd be inclined to get that mentioned on the Wiki page if I were him 🤔

18 hours ago, Mudpup said:

Darren Reddick - plays a Spector I believe and on the cover band circuit in Surrey (I think its Asylum Affair he's in but I may be wrong).

We have the guitarist form Asylum Affair dep for us quite often, lovely chap and a very good player

2 hours ago, cetera said:

It's spelt 'Redick'..... Yes, he plays with 'Asylum Affair' and he also plays in the Lee Aaron Band around Surrey/Berks etc

He’s quite keen to point that out too, can’t say I blame him, no one wants a rosy Richard.

In addition to his Spectors, DR also has a Ric and a fur covered Steinberger/Hohner cricket bat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bassforradio said:

I am! I can multitask! Like watching tv, listening to music AND reading a book! 

And currently reading the traffic report! Is there no end to your multi tasking abilities? Ooh, Supertramp - nice. 😎

• Like 1