Why become a member? ×

Wonderful news if you’re a fan of Porcupine Tree

ambient

46 minutes ago, Bunion said:

I think they’re taking the fosters anyway 

I know it’s front stalls but Jesus…

8F5E464D-0AD3-42B9-99F4-BCAD7038B0BB.jpeg

Wow... That is a bit daft.

70 something quid were the most expensive available by the time I got there.

It says "Face value". Perhaps they were doing this price-escalates-based-on-demand model which was coming in shortly prior to Covid-19 shutting everything down. The Ozzy gig over here was advertised as "Tickets from €59" and, sure enough, one (or possibly two) paid €59 but most found themselves being charged more and more as there was decent demand early on. The price just kept rising, seemingly legitimately, on the Ticketmaster site.

£270 is an insane amount of money for a ticket to any band.

9 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

It says "Face value". Perhaps they were doing this price-escalates-based-on-demand model which was coming in shortly prior to Covid-19 shutting everything down. The Ozzy gig over here was advertised as "Tickets from €59" and, sure enough, one (or possibly two) paid €59 but most found themselves being charged more and more as there was decent demand early on. The price just kept rising, seemingly legitimately, on the Ticketmaster site.

£270 is an insane amount of money for a ticket to any band.

33 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Scalpers probably I didn’t check the website it was the first that came up when I did a google search 

41 minutes ago, NickD said:

Wow... That is a bit daft.

70 something quid were the most expensive available by the time I got there.

1 hour ago, Bunion said:

I think they’re taking the fosters anyway 

I know it’s front stalls but Jesus…

8F5E464D-0AD3-42B9-99F4-BCAD7038B0BB.jpeg

Go through the official PT website.

https://porcupinetree.com

Register with them to receive news etc. They’ll then send a link to the presale through Ticketmaster.

The prices don’t look anything like those mentioned.

F9714E58-495A-492C-A102-E544A7801D1D.png

3 minutes ago, ambient said:

Go through the official PT website.

https://porcupinetree.com

Register with them to receive news etc. They’ll then send a link to the presale through Ticketmaster.

The prices don’t look anything like those mentioned.

F9714E58-495A-492C-A102-E544A7801D1D.png

I went through their presale link. The £46.75 ones were there along with 60 something and 70 something, but nothing that wouldn't require binoculars.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NickD said:

I went through their presale link. The £46.75 ones were there along with 60 something and 70 something, but nothing that wouldn't require binoculars.

Ah right, I’ve never been there tbh. I’m guessing they’ll add more dates later - in fact I’m certain they will. I’m definitely going to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickD said:

I went for presale tickets this morning and there was nothing decent available by 10:15 when I got in... If I'm going to watch a screen I'd rather watch Arriving Somewhere in the comfort of my own home. ☹️

Same here, I didn't start seeing tickets until 10.15 or so. All nosebleeds so I left it a while. Tried again before 11am, got a Block A3 seat. They'll release another date in a week or so.

Edited by toneknob
  • Like 2

I wish they'd picked a better venue in London than Wembley Arena. I hate it, it's such an ugly, giant concrete shed of a place.

Several nights at the Albert Hall would have seemed more appropriate to me, and it's become a bit of a venue of choice amongst the prog fraternity. 

Edited by Russ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Russ said:

I wish they'd picked a better venue in London than Wembley Arena. I hate it, it's such an ugly, giant concrete shed of a place.

Several nights at the Albert Hall would have seemed more appropriate to me, and it's become a bit of a venue of choice amongst the prog fraternity. 

SW has played there a few times, I saw him there a few years ago. I’m surprised he didn’t opt for there too.