Why become a member? ×

WIRELESS THOUGHTS

tom1946

I bought a line6 G75 when they were on offer, it’s the amp top version and is a rest piece of kit, I don’t tend to use it that much but every time I have it’s been excellent and I’d recommend it, previously had a G30 which was also a great piece of kit 

Since starting back I’ve gone amp less with in ears so I will probably look to change to a pedal version of the same model 

On 01/11/2021 at 14:13, SumOne said:

For those that use wireless systems to practice around the house have you been able to go fully wireless i.e. using bluetooth headphones? If you have then I assume you're going  Bass > wireless transmitter > wireless receiver > pedals/amp etc > bluetooth transmitter  > headphones. If that's the case then I've heard that bluetooth sometimes causes too much latency - is that true?

Bluetooth always causes too much latency. The protocol simply isn't designed for real-time audio streaming.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2021 at 14:13, SumOne said:

For those that use wireless systems to practice around the house have you been able to go fully wireless i.e. using bluetooth headphones? If you have then I assume you're going  Bass > wireless transmitter > wireless receiver > pedals/amp etc > bluetooth transmitter  > headphones. If that's the case then I've heard that bluetooth sometimes causes too much latency - is that true?

Yes, but as @BigRedXsay, not with blue tooth.  I've used a UHF wireless system into a bass head, run the DI into my X32 Rack desk and then taken the output feeds into my UHF IEM system with no noticeable latency.  I have previously tried using BLE headphones as an output from my iMac as an experiment and it was just horrible - impossible really.

• Like 1