Why become a member? ×

USA Musicman Sterling- SOLD
£1200
MORECAMBE

lee650

Didn't think I'd do this, as I've sold this before and was lucky to get it back, but tastes change, and id like to go back to Spectors!  this beauty is just sitting unused.

This is Rita! A 2003 USA made Musicman Sterling and is a really gorgeous example.

It's a one piece body in Translucent Cherryburst with a matched headstock (which was an optional extra, so probably a customer order,I suspect the body wood May be a custom upgrade,But can't be certain).

There have been some mods to this bass,as a previous owner fitted an Alnico vintage Nordstrand triple coil pickup, which i believe is a custom order pickup. It has a smoother and deeper tone more akin to a vintage Stingray, but also has the Parallel/single coil/Series switching options for more tonal variety.

Those who know Sterlings will be aware that this has a very slim neck with a maple board,and is surprisingly light considering it is a one piece Ash body (a lot of these are 2 piece)  I have this lady at a fairly healthy 9lbs on my scales.

Speaking of which it's got the most unique ash grain I've ever seen, in a bass, so I had a clear pickguard made to show off it's very special look (I have never seen a Sterling like this). I have recently had his professionally set up,and somewhere in this basses long history, the nut was replaced to make the string spacing tighter. I had a new bone nut made and installed and is like new at a cost of £130 it's also fitted with brand new DR High Beams and comes with the OHSC.

It is in immaculate condition, it has one tiny ding and a small scratch on the headstock, and i tiny bit of the finish on the neck, where the nut was replaced. That's it, no other marks 

SOLD

I will accept trades for a Spector Euro 5LX or CR5FM. 

received_260508226025957.jpeg

received_300500568565069.jpeg

received_1797670090417503.jpeg

20200811_173844.jpg

20200413_155235.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 18

Look @Doctor J another honeyburst!!!

Lee - I remember the deal to get this back, and I know it’s not being taken lightly to list…but I know where you’re at - My White Jazz was the same, hell or high water it wasn’t for sale.

I’ve never looked back, and I know where it is if I freak out.

GLWTS.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Look @Doctor J another honeyburst!!!

Lee - I remember the deal to get this back, and I know it’s not being taken lightly to list…but I know where you’re at - My White Jazz was the same, hell or high water it wasn’t for sale.

I’ve never looked back, and I know where it is if I freak out.

GLWTS.

Definitely Cherry Sunburst and not Honeyburst this one.

Not often you see a single-piece body on these. Lovely bass. I’d have been on this had it been a different fingerboard and finish. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Not often you see a single-piece body on these. Lovely bass. I’d have been on this had it been a different fingerboard and finish. 

I’d be on it if I had a spare 1’er lying around 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Caddy1 said:

Hello there lovely we bass id be very interested so can I make you an offer of £1000 + postage to Northern Ireland. Thanks 

Thanks for the offer Caddy, but price is firm! If I'd doesn't sell, I'll happily keep it 😁

Edited by lee650

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Was more of a jokey reference to a post Doc had put on about orange to yellow bursts becoming a theme in his house.

I’ll concede that it’s just bloody lovely 😊 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bassfan said:

Wouldn’t Joe Dart take off all the knobs bar one. Obviously too confusing. 😂

lovely bass mate 👍🏻  GLWTS

Yes he'd ruin it! It would still look fabulous though 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Don't know if this'll help or hinder 😂

Here's some pointless noodling, done on a phone camera. Ignore the playing, but it does show how fat and growly she can be 😁

play us one we know…you’ll not make much knocking sheds together like that 😉😂

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

play us one we know…you’ll not make much knocking sheds together like that 😉😂

Yeah I'll record "simply the best" next time. As you are the king of sheds, I'll take that as a compliment!

Mr Andy "Two sheds" Travis 😘

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Yeah I'll record "simply the best" next time. As you are the king of sheds, I'll take that as a compliment!

Mr Andy "Two sheds" Travis 😘

You're obviously a mega player mate. I jest.

Imagine the sheds we could build together 😘

• Haha 1

• lee650 changed the title to USA Musicman Sterling- SOLD
  • martthebass locked this topic