Why become a member? ×

Squier Late 50s Classic Vibe P Bass 2021

BassApprentice

On 30/10/2021 at 19:14, neepheid said:

Also, there seems to be a limited edition 60s Classic Vibe in Sonic Blue with matching headstock.  Now that's also nice.

squier_fsr_classic_vibe_60s_precision_ba

33 minutes ago, TRBboy said:

I can't stop looking at this .... I keep thinking how nice it would look with a tort PG 😍

I think you're very right

2 hours ago, neepheid said:

Also, you mention the Fender Vintera 50's P (well the neck at least) - look at all the details you're missing besides the neck profile at less than half the price - the bridge with threaded saddles and slot screws, the holes in the pickguard for the tug bar, the reverse tuners, truss rod adjustment at the heel.  For £400, all you're going to get is an approximation of the aesthetics.  You should be grateful we appear to be getting tinted lacquer on the neck ;)

While that might be important to some, it's not to me. Threaded saddle bridge can be cheaply sourced, I don't use a tug bar, don't care about reverse tuners, and even though I love the neck, body end truss adjustment is a pain (but I'd put up with it for the profile) also I sand my necks, not a fan of the lacquer. 

It's the 2TSB, Gold guard and neck spec that does it for me.

40 minutes ago, Bassmingo said:

While that might be important to some, it's not to me. Threaded saddle bridge can be cheaply sourced, I don't use a tug bar, don't care about reverse tuners, and even though I love the neck, body end truss adjustment is a pain (but I'd put up with it for the profile) also I sand my necks, not a fan of the lacquer. 

It's the 2TSB, Gold guard and neck spec that does it for me.

Then the Squier Classic Vibe Late '50s Precision Bass isn't the bass for you and I wish you luck in your search to find what you want for less than £500.

• Like 1