Why become a member? ×

Squier Late 50s Classic Vibe P Bass 2021

BassApprentice

Someone on TB based in Italy I think bought a white one of these and the fret job was pretty shocking. I love the look of the burst one but I would try before buying. Which could be said of most Squier`s to be fair.

Edited by jezzaboy

3 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Someone on TB based in Italy I think bought a white one of these and the fret job was pretty shocking. I love the look of the burst one but I would try before buying. Which could be said of most Squier`s to be fair.

That's disappointing to hear - I figured the factory/ies that Fender use for Squiers would have it down pat by now.  Having said that, any factory in any country can issue a Friday afternoon special.

5 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Could be said of most Fenders too.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

Someone on TB based in Italy I think bought a white one of these and the fret job was pretty shocking. I love the look of the burst one but I would try before buying. Which could be said of most Squier`s and fenders to be fair.

Fixed - mine is camouflaged 🥷

Edited by Geek99

45 minutes ago, Bassmingo said:

I'm disappointed that they don't have the late 50's neck specs. That in my opinion is the only reason to buy a late 50's copy. 

I'd be seriously considering the sunburst otherwise.

You could always swap the neck for one with the dimensions/profile that you want.  I'm guessing it would still end up being the cheapest '57 (original or reissue) ever made.

7 minutes ago, neepheid said:

You could always swap the neck for one with the dimensions/profile that you want.  I'm guessing it would still end up being the cheapest '57 (original or reissue) ever made.

The roasted maple vintera necks are almost the price of this Squier alone, which put it close to the vintera itself. I doubt I'd recoup much from selling the squier neck.

You make a fair point, but is a full spec sub 500 quid, late 50's P copy too much to ask? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bassmingo said:

The roasted maple vintera necks are almost the price of this Squier alone, which put it close to the vintera itself. I doubt I'd recoup much from selling the squier neck.

You make a fair point, but is a full spec sub 500 quid, late 50's P copy too much to ask? 

Yes, probably.  Economies of scale.  It can only be £400 if it get the same necks that all the Squiers are gettting.  I don't think it would be £400 if they had to go to the bother of making a limited number of necks of a different neck profile.

• Like 1

Also, you mention the Fender Vintera 50's P (well the neck at least) - look at all the details you're missing besides the neck profile at less than half the price - the bridge with threaded saddles and slot screws, the holes in the pickguard for the tug bar, the reverse tuners, truss rod adjustment at the heel.  For £400, all you're going to get is an approximation of the aesthetics.  You should be grateful we appear to be getting tinted lacquer on the neck ;)

On 30/10/2021 at 19:14, neepheid said:

Also, there seems to be a limited edition 60s Classic Vibe in Sonic Blue with matching headstock.  Now that's also nice.

squier_fsr_classic_vibe_60s_precision_ba

I can't stop looking at this, but I only bought a bass on saturday 😂

I keep thinking how nice it would look with a tort PG 😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1