Why become a member? ×

Tidying up an old pick guard

SteveXFR

2 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Our toothpaste is collate whitening but my pickguard is black. Is there a blackening toothpaste?

Charcoal toothpaste! Made by Colgate, Arm&Hammer as well as own brand versions by Morrison’s etc. Black paste but not sure how effective it would be for your pick guard.

Tooth paste and or baking soda for micro scratches.

Deeper scratches, jewellers rouge works wonders. 
if it’s deep enough to catch your finger or thumb  nail when you flick it over the scratch you need to start with abrasive paper and work down to the rouge 

9 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Ahh the old highland park method, tried and tested for many tasks and usually a winner unless your chainsawing…  

The Americans swear by the Jack Daniels technique but the Highland Park method is definitely more effective. I guess its a better tone spirit. 

6 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

If anyone is interested, the T Cut did an excellent job. It took a couple hours and four glasses of Highland Park.

Speed up T-cut by fitting one of these in a hand drill. Haven't tried the polishing bars, just the mop :

https://www.toolstation.com/polishing-set/p58727?store=MJ&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=s_dc&pcrid=515847200309&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_fiLBhDOARIsAF4khR2Ekji3rAefGFLzcQH9umTrQ96q81MkafJmYZTjQdKIoT9vAG2SwfwaAu_YEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

23 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I don't know how much he was exaggerating but Reef's sound tech told me their bassist ties new basses to the back of his land rover and drives down country lanes to relic his new basses.

Ooh - relic by tarmac - never thought of that.