Why become a member? ×

Happy Jack's Mike Lull Necks

Andyjr1515

3 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Wonderful. The fretless version looks so gorgeous that even the tort pickguard is all right on it... 😉:D 💗

See, there you go, everyone see the light eventually* :D.

*You’ll be heartened to hear, however, that I’m currently changing my 2 tort p/gs over to black, just to be contrary.

Edited by ezbass
  • Haha 4

That new neck is an absolute delight. Fantastically easy to play, far more comfortable than the original Mike Lull profile (I've been playing this bass very happily for 10 years), and looks as cool as {expletive deleted}.

Craftsmanship of the highest order. 🧐

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We can't have closure without some footage of the new neck's debut (and also its first appearance).

If you're expecting a Pino Palladino-fest then best look away now - that ain't what I do. 🧐

But if you like this sort of thing, this video is worth staying to the end for ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

We can't have closure without some footage of the new neck's debut (and also its first appearance).

If you're expecting a Pino Palladino-fest then best look away now - that ain't what I do. 🧐

But if you like this sort of thing, this video is worth staying to the end for ...

Just what you want in a pandemic, some random, drunken person screaming into your microphone. In normal times I find this unacceptable, now… the mind boggles :facepalm:.

3 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Just what you want in a pandemic, some random, drunken person screaming into your microphone. In normal times I find this unacceptable, now… the mind boggles :facepalm:.

Why should I worry what she might catch? 😉

I was a bit taken aback myself (as you can probably see in the video), but show a drunken woman a microphone and sure as night follows day ...

In fairness to those of the female persuasion, what the video doesn't show is the completely blotto guy to my left who started the gig by insisting on getting a selfie with me using the banner as backdrop ("for my blog, yeh?"), then spent set #1 asking if he could play my bass and set #2 asking if he could "have a go on the drums".

• Haha 1