Why become a member? ×

Free D'Addarios with 999 Players club points

Anyone else collecting D'Addario players circle points and claimed free strings on their current 999 offer?

I was setting up a recently purchased guitar for my daughter's young man and I wanted to put 9s on it as he is just starting out. D'Addarios were the cheapest name brand bronze 9s on amazon so I went for those. When the strings were delivered I noticed the mention of the players circle points collection thingy on the packaging, and felt sure I had signed up and collected some points a while ago. I managed to sign in and saw that somehow I already had 950 points, with the code in the new strings taking it up to 1050. 

D'Addario is currently running a promotion where 999 points nabs you a free set of ANY D'Addario strings including free delivery.

Long story short, I spend £5.25 on acoustic guitar strings to give away and now I have a free set of medium scale Chromes on its way to me worth around £50.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just seen this, signed up and registered a few old sets I've still got the packaging for but the offer has finished. 

Just my luck. 

Still I'll keep the points and wait to see if the offer is repeated. 

I never really looked into the Players Circle thing and it's amazing how many bags I've opened by ripping straight through the code, stretching it into an unreadable mess. 

Does anyone know if D'addario do these offers very often?

Ive got enough points for a set of my favourite strings at the full price now but I don't need any at the mo. If D'addario are likely to run another offer in six months it makes sense to wait and get four sets. All my gigging basses get the same strings so they'll get used eventually. 

11 hours ago, Maude said:

Ive got enough points for a set of my favourite strings at the full price now but I don't need any at the mo. If D'addario are likely to run another offer in six months it makes sense to wait and get four sets. All my gigging basses get the same strings so they'll get used eventually. 

I've just checked my account and I registered in November 2016 - this is the first time that I can recall that they've done this offer

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Delberthot said:

I've just checked my account and I registered in November 2016 - this is the first time that I can recall that they've done this offer

Thanks @Delberthot

I'll use the points I've got on a full price set of strings then. It's still free strings, which you can't grumble at. 

I don't normally bother with any points collecting deals as you usually need to spend a fortune to collect enough points to get anything, but the Players Circle points are decent. 

My usual Enr72 half rounds give you 650 points, which seems to be about £6.50 going on the rough points value of stuff. 

D'addario are my go to string company so I'm glad this thread has brought my attention to the points. 

🙂👍

20 hours ago, Maude said:

They do every now and then. A little while back they were practically giving away clip on Tuners!

• Thanks 1