Why become a member? ×

Wayne Jones Audio Pre-Amp and Powered 1x10 Cab
£850
Merthyr Tydfil, CF46

SamPlaysBass

I'm very reluctantly selling my Wayne Jones Audio Valve Pre-amp and Powered 1x10 cab, both in excellent condition. 

The pre-amp is amazing. Based on an Avalon 737 pre-amp, Wayne Jones tweaked the designed and frequencies to best suit bass guitars and as a result, he has created an unbelievably wonderful sounding DI. I used this head at a recording session with the wonderful Martin Levan, who is Andrew Lloyd Webber's sound engineer as well as producer of John Martyn's Grace and Danger and Iron Maiden's first album. He knows good bass tone. The man has golden ears and declared this pre-amp as 'very, very nice'. Shame my playing was average. Nonetheless, this is an amazing pre-amp. Warm, studio-quality sound for on-the-road applications. Each frequency point in the EQ corresponds to each string on a 6-string bass. Long story short, it's very responsive, articulate and outright outstanding. A sound engineer's dream, a producer's secret weapon.

Secondly, to accompany the wonderful pre-amp, I have the matching powered 1x10 Wayne Jones cab. This cab has been lightly used, and is very reasonable to cart about. It's a 500 watt power section shoehorned into a diminutive 1x10 cab. It weighs about 18KG, has useful carrying handles, and is loud as tits. It can also be used to power an extension cab of your choosing, or blow the wigs off the front row on its own. It's a very, very good cab, built to exacting specifications with a 'money-no-object' attitude. It's great. I've heard rumours that these cabs make great studio monitors due to their clarity, design and general brilliance. It is matched perfectly to the pre-amp, and as such I'd be very much looking to sell them together. 

They will come with the relevant power supplies, muting foot switch and all necessary cables. 

I'm selling them as I am now in a 'rawk band', and will now spend the next year or so being carted about in the back of a big, smelly and slightly urine soaked van. I don't want to take these wonderful pieces of equipment on the road in these conditions. If our conditions ever improve, I'll likely buy a bigger Wayne Jones system. Until then, here they are up for grabs. 

£850 for both. Or £450 for the pre-amp, £450 for the cab. This rig brand new would be in the region of £1700, and that's before you ship it from Australia to UK, pay Boris the rest of your life savings in tax, wait years for it to arrive and grow so old you can't actually play anymore. Therefore, this is the next best option. 

Cash is king, as I'm going to be very poor soon. Any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a message.

Sam

IMG_1868.HEICIMG_1867.HEICIMG_1866.thumb.JPG.8ff17ae3fde5c6180ab308f1f824fc07.JPGIMG_1865.thumb.JPG.6f351eeb4ab0b5f341abcfa1df56bee1.JPGIMG_1864.thumb.JPG.5aab5004dd13bb7403021cd5b6b1eba8.JPGIMG_1863.thumb.JPG.323e14bb25d0b0fef8ecd333b4bf2b0b.JPG

Cash is king, as I'm going to be very poor soon. Any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a message. 

IMG_1862.heic

Edited by SamPlaysBass
Apelling
  • Like 4

Sweet holy mother of Jesus 😮What a great little setup. Anything that sounds like an Avalon gets my vote. Genuine GLWTS, if my lottery numbers drop on Saturday night I'll be all over this in a flash. 

• Like 1

I have been using the WJ pre amp for 2 months, after trying 5 other brands inc Avalon 5 (which is very heavy & limited/to subtle). It is amazing…sound, set up..rich accurate & dynamic response ….NO going back

I have use in pop, rock & acoustic band’s …with passive, active & acoustic basses

You wont regret grabbing a unique & rare bass rig

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...