Why become a member? ×

Shuker Singlecut 6 - 33” scale, bolt-on, dark amboina burr top
£1499
Bristol

Martyin3d

Up for sale is this beautiful short scale (33") Shuker singlecut 6 string. Bought here earlier this year to see if the 33" scale was right for me, it definitely is! I've had an amazing time with this bass but I have a custom Zon on the way now and we're going away for the winter so could do with raising some cash. 
Can be seen / played in Central Bristol. Can travel within a reasonable distance to deliver. 

Any questions at all please do ask :)

1087165048_image1(2).thumb.jpeg.530dfd4791a6b7a6fbc23529a22a6bf5.jpeg

Specs:

- white ash body
- squareish front edge (to mimic old slab style bodies)
- forearm contour, rear rib carve and rear edge rounded to 1/2"
- dark amboina burr drop top
- individual bridge rail units
- 17mm spacing
- black hardware
- 2 X EMG 45DC - neck and bridge
- upgraded 3-band EMG preamp with mid freq sweep
- satin topcoat
- 33" scale
- 24 frets
- medium frets
- 5 piece maple/wenge neck
- 20.5mm deep at 1st fret, 22mm at 12th, gentle slim C profile
- plain rosewood board
- 20" radius
- marching dark amboina burr headstock veneer
- gotoh gb707 tuners
- 57mm nut
- carbon fibre neck reinforcement
- MOP side dots
- two way truss rod
- brass nut
- satin finish

image3 (1).jpeg

image2 (2).jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

• Like 8

I used to own this bass, it didn’t quite fit my needs as my hands need a chunkier neck to avoid cramping (it’s why I can’t play Soundgears), but for the vast majority of people who appreciate a slim, fast, playable flat neck it is absolutely incredible!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Yes. 20% VAT on both the goods and the shipping. Plus whatever the courier company wants to charge you for customs clearance. 

I have no experience with this so I'm liable to be totally wrong but I don't think VAT is payable on the goods since this is a private sale and I'm not a VAT registered business. 

10 minutes ago, Martyin3d said:

I have no experience with this so I'm liable to be totally wrong but I don't think VAT is payable on the goods since this is a private sale and I'm not a VAT registered business. 

Yes you are sadly. You can thank Brexit for that. Even second hand goods in a private sale are now taxed if they're entering / exiting the UK from Europe. 

33 minutes ago, Martyin3d said:

Sadly that is the old world. If you are posting between the UK and Europe, the person recieving the item has to pay vat on the combined price of the item plus the shipping, plus the courier fee for doing the paperwork, and then the other amount they add for reasons that only they know.

44 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Yes you are sadly. You can thank Brexit for that. Even second hand goods in a private sale are now taxed if they're entering / exiting the UK from Europe. 

24 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Sadly that is the old world. If you are posting between the UK and Europe, the person recieving the item has to pay vat on the combined price of the item plus the shipping, plus the courier fee for doing the paperwork, and then the other amount they add for reasons that only they know.

Dang, that's a real shame! Well... At least I learned something today 😅