Why become a member? ×

Ozrics...

PaulThePlug

When I heard Pungent Effulgent for the 1st time I got obsessed with the Ozrics. Loved the basslines and the sound of the bass...was it Rolo or Rollo? 

I was definitely channeling my inner crusty at that point, I had the Ozrics' PE on one side of a C90 cassette and A Weapon Called The Word on the other!

53 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

Everything says I should like this band and I've tried listening so many times and just don't get it 😮

I`m the opposite, I shouldn`t like them but do. I was in Stereo 1 in Paisley years ago and they were playing the Erpland album on the shop hi fi. The track was Tidal convergence and it blew me away. I bought it and Live Underslunky but until this topic appeared, I hadn`t listened to them for years. Time for a re visit.

• Like 1

Looking at the gig listing, It's billed as 'Ozric Tentacles - Electronic'... So I have a feeling it's just Ed on guitar and his Son on Keyboards with all the Drum 'n Bass programmed in... but hopefully it will be real live Bass and Drums... I'll have to wait and see... It will be a good night out whatever!

Edited by PaulThePlug

18 hours ago, Musicman666 said:

ozrics is what happens when you get brought up on a diet of gong and hawkwind …

Plus spliff and juggling balls! 😆

After getting interested in the Ozrics I started listening to Gong and Hawkwind, the OTs must be a gateway into 'head music'. There was an electronic side project of Ozrics called Eat Static that was pretty good too.

• Like 2

During the 80s in deptford the ozrics regularly played in this dark crypt under a church against a psychedelic light show till four in the morning.They would distribute their home made cassette tape albums, it was a pretty chilled out scene. Webcore was another band that used to play there quite a bit.

Edited by Musicman666
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, super al said:

After getting interested in the Ozrics I started listening to Gong and Hawkwind, the OTs must be a gateway into 'head music'. There was an electronic side project of Ozrics called Eat Static that was pretty good too.

Between  Gong and the Ozrics was the fab Steve Hillage , with equally fabulous Mike Howlett on bass.

• Like 2

Many many years ago I was really, really ill.
One early evening during said bout of sickness, I was busy festering in my misery when an unexpected knock at the door roused me from my wobbly pukings. It was my old drummer, who I hadn’t seen in a long old time. Somewhat randomly, he was clutching tickets to the Ozrics, a band I had no interest in. It turns out that they were playing in a local venue that night and he was insisting that I go with him. 
Feeling super-sick and unable to refuse his random act of kindness, I agreed, and dutifully plodded off to the gig. Once there I spent most of the evening literally propping myself up against a wall whilst the world span around me. The only thing I liked about the experience was the super attractive lady who seemed not-unimpressed by my casual demeanour, and would occasionally meet my eyes and respond with a coy smile…

…Until I fainted on top of her, sending  us both tumbling to the particularly sticky and disgusting floor in an undignified heap. 
All I could manage as I was being hauled away was a rambling apology and explanation that I was ill and not drunk. 

The next time I saw said drummer was several years later, when I was ill and he inexplicably knocked at the door with tickets to see Level 42 at a local venue in an hour’s time. 
True. 

And that’s my valuable addition  to the Ozrics thread. 😂

Edited by gafbass02
  • Haha 1