Why become a member? ×

It's that man again....

On 10/11/2021 at 21:26, Richard Jinman said:

Shouldn’t we indulge his attempt to do something new with the bass.

If "something new" meant exploring new tunings, different techniques, etc, I'd be all for it. However, hacking/butchering things and then attempting to profit from it does not really equate to innovation.

Edited by Dan Dare

52 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

If "something new" meant exploring new tunings, different techniques, etc, I'd be all for it. However, hacking/butchering things and then attempting to profit from it does not really equate to innovation.

More nonovation.

On 10/11/2021 at 22:33, Burns-bass said:

I agree to a point. And I love a British eccentric.

The issue here is that he’s knocking out cheap basses at double the price to unsuspecting people (probably parents) who know no better. Personally I think that’s a bit off.

Im sure he’s a lovely chap and I wish him all the best. I just hope that anyone starting out on bass doesn’t end up with this nonsense on Christmas Day and instead gets a brand new, clean and healthy HB.

I can pretty much guarantee that no parent is going to buy one of those when you can pick u a short scale Ibanez for half the price 

On 28/10/2021 at 12:40, lemmywinks said:

Not really, the descriptions are massively prone to hyperbole. Once he described one of his old P copies as being suitable for pro players when in the accompanying video it had an extreme grounding issue, similarly one of his acoustics was described as having the perfect setup but the video revealed fret buzz up most of the neck. These are the ones that actually featured the listed guitar in the videos, usually they aren't the same instrument - the famous Night in Langney bass is in most of them!

I suppose you can only guage the accuracy if you have the instrument in your hands but those videos revealed some serious issues, no way were either of those two I mentioned suitable for any sort of live use. With the Grabber one I mentioned above he avoided showing the neck join, from memory he had bolted a neck with a slanted heel onto an old Kay body which had a regular neck pocket, the pictures only show you what he wants to reveal.

'Night in Langney' is awesome in its awesomeness. 

'Eeeeee.....a night out in Langneeee!'

On 01/11/2021 at 08:04, oldslapper said:

Something to do with scallops, filing, large hands and the wrong bridge. 
It’s a perfectly balanced story line apparently. 

Can't be perfectly balanced instruments the male figure is using. Look how low his right shoulder is sitting!

On 05/11/2021 at 23:10, paul_5 said:

y'know, he's a multi-instrumentalist too - looks like he'd give Geddy Lee a run for his money...

I love the entrance through the curtains and the little pre check to see if the Hi-Hat and Bass drum are ok before the performance. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pst62 said:

I love the entrance through the curtains and the little pre check to see if the Hi-Hat and Bass drum are ok before the performance. :D

Reminds me of shitty,  working-mens' club gigs when I was a teenager getting signed in. I can almost smell the Chicken in a Basket!

He's fkd off the electronic bass drum doof that he had and has gone for the Bonzo look now.

Edited by NikNik