Why become a member? ×

It's that man again....

It's like a game of delusional b*llshit bingo. 

Widespan separate coils humbucker.

I wired pickups up in series. 

I also love his precise approach to trussrod adjustment. 

I made the neck too flat and lost clarity on the first 5 frets.  But it sounds great above the 12th fret. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, tegs07 said:

It’s all good to mock but if you’ve got soul, short arms and very large hands there needs to be a niche luthier.

Hobbits like to jam too.

A few titles to jam  with: In the Hall of the Mountain King, Don't Go Frodo, I Heard it through the Goldmine, Baggins Trousers, Beorn to be Wild.

• Haha 2

Isn’t this kind of Heath Robinson-ism that makes Britain great? Or at least marginally more interesting than, say, Singapore? I doubt anyone on here has bought one of his short-arm basses or his self published novel. Shouldn’t we indulge his attempt to do something new with the bass.. it seems to make him happy and who knows … there might be a small army of bassists with limited reach happily plucking his creations.

Edited by Richard Jinman

1 hour ago, Richard Jinman said:

Isn’t this kind of Heath Robinson-ism that makes Britain great? Or at least marginally more interesting than, say, Singapore? I doubt anyone on here has bought one of his short-arm basses or his self published novel. Shouldn’t we indulge his attempt to do something new with the bass.. it seems to make him happy and who knows … there might be a small army of bassists with limited reach happily plucking his creations.

I agree to a point. And I love a British eccentric.

The issue here is that he’s knocking out cheap basses at double the price to unsuspecting people (probably parents) who know no better. Personally I think that’s a bit off.

Im sure he’s a lovely chap and I wish him all the best. I just hope that anyone starting out on bass doesn’t end up with this nonsense on Christmas Day and instead gets a brand new, clean and healthy HB.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Richard Jinman said:

His works of art make me chuckle.

6 hours ago, Burns-bass said:

I agree to a point. And I love a British eccentric.

The issue here is that he’s knocking out cheap basses at double the price to unsuspecting people (probably parents) who know no better. Personally I think that’s a bit off.

Im sure he’s a lovely chap and I wish him all the best. I just hope that anyone starting out on bass doesn’t end up with this nonsense on Christmas Day and instead gets a brand new, clean and healthy HB.

Yes - I don't understand what would possess someone to actually buy one.