Why become a member? ×

Where to go for nitro finishing?

Rexel Matador

Who should I send a newly made body to for an old-school nitro finish job - solid shell pink or something like that? And roughly how much could I expect to pay?

I'd love to do it myself but the fumes/mess/sheer level of skill involved has got me thinking I should outsource!

Any advice much appreciated!

Dave Wilson in Hexham is highly recommended, by me and quite a few others here. He did my P from original poly 3TSB to LPB nitro about 2 years ago - cost then around £320, maybe a bit more now.
Find him on FB or someone here will have a number
Here's the thread that got me sorted, I think some LPB Precision shots in there too - really perfect finish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soledad said:

Dave Wilson in Hexham is highly recommended, by me and quite a few others here. He did my P from original poly 3TSB to LPB nitro about 2 years ago - cost then around £320, maybe a bit more now.
Find him on FB or someone here will have a number
Here's the thread that got me sorted, I think some LPB Precision shots in there too - really perfect finish.

David did my JV Precision recently; he stripped a bad nitro refinish and sorted a dodgy fill of a J pickup rout that had been there previously, and the price was the same as you. He was exemplary in his communication, keeping me updated and sending me progress shots every step of the way, and the finish is immaculate. He's a top bloke.

20211015_152504.thumb.jpg.a307e06f0a55377ad058806fdd9a7719.jpg

Edited by Jono Bolton
  • Like 1